The ten academic departments at South High School offer students a variety of courses from which to choose. For more information about each department, please select from the menu to the left.
Teacher Office Hours
Every DGS teacher has reserved 3 hours each week outside of the school day to meet with students individually. In addition, teachers are available during Resource (11-11:30 a.m. Tuesday-Friday) to meet with students. Check the syllabus on Home Access Center and/or the teacher's Google Classroom site to see when your teacher holds office hours.
As a complement to D99 teacher support, 400+ professionally trained tutors are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week via chat by logging into paper.co:
- Tutors communicate anonymously with students live via a chat (not video).
- To protect student privacy,students are not assigned a dedicated tutor and the tutor assigned will vary session to session.
- Students may receive help in almost any subject.
- Students can chat with a tutor individually or in a group.
- Tutors coach students on how to approach problems, rather than providing the answers.
- Students can submit essays and have feedback in 24 hours or less.
- District 99 teachers have access to all questions and conversations held between their students and Paper tutors.
Tutors are full-time employees of Paper and have been subject to a background check. Many are former teachers, graduate students in education and/or subject matter experts, and skilled in encouraging students in an online format.