D99 Crisis Reporting and Resources
Dial 911 immediately for any situations where a student is in danger of being harmed by someone or harming themselves. Do not hesitate to make your call; doing so could save student lives. After calling 911, tell a trusted parent/guardian or adult.
District 99 has partnered with Safe2Help Illinois to provide an opportunity for students to connect with a trained crisis professional during a time of need. Safe2Help Illinois allows students to submit an alert via:
All alerts are responded to by a trained Safe2Help crisis professional. Safe2Help is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mental Health Crisis: If this is a mental health crisis and you are reporting safety concerns for yourself or another person, please use the Safe2Help call line (844-472-3345) or immediately call 911.
School Safety Concerns: To make an anonymous report regarding school safety concerns, please use any of the Safe2 Help reporting options including the Online Tip option or immediately call 911.
IMPORTANT: District 99 staff are not the initial responders to the alert and receive each alert after the Safe2Help professional provides support. During the school year, District 99 staff will review alerts sent by Safe2Help during regular school hours.
Additional resources you may need to assist in immediate intervention:
- 988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline: Dial 988 on your phone
- CRISIS Text Line: 741741
- DuPage Mental Health Resources
- Linden Oaks Hospital - 630-305-5027
- AMITA Health OPTIONS Outpatient Adolescent Program - 630-856-7717
- Dupage County Health Department - Crisis Intervention Unit - 630-627-1700
- Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) - 1-800-252-2873
- Youth & Family Services Crisis Services
- ReferralGPS (The program matches you with mental health treatment providers that have experience with the situation you are facing)
- ISBE Bullying Prevention
School-based resources for crisis situations:
Downers Grove North High School
Downers Grove South High School
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.