D99 Crisis Reporting and Resources
Dial 911 immediately for any situations where a student is in danger of being harmed by someone or harming themselves. Do not hesitate to make your call; doing so could save student lives. After calling 911, tell a trusted parent/guardian or adult.
District 99 has partnered with Safe2Help Illinois to provide an opportunity for students to connect with a trained crisis professional during a time of need. Safe2Help Illinois allows students to submit an alert via:
All alerts are responded to by a trained Safe2Help crisis professional. Safe2Help is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
IMPORTANT: District 99 staff are not the initial responders to the alert and receive each alert after the Safe2Help professional provides support. District 99 staff will review alerts sent by Safe2Help during regular school hours - 8:00 am to 3:20pm.
Additional resources you may need to assist in immediate intervention:
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
- CRISIS Text Line: 741741
- DuPage Mental Health Resources
- Linden Oaks Hospital - 630-305-5027
- Adolescent OPTIONS Services - Hinsdale Hospital - 630-856-7717
- Dupage County Health Department - Crisis Intervention Unit - 630-627-1700
- Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) - 1-800-252-2873
School-based resources for crisis situations:
Downers Grove North High School
Downers Grove South High School
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.