District 99 Summer School 2021
ALL SUMMER SCHOOL WILL BE IN PERSON FOR THE 2021 SUMMER.
District 99 offers two three-week semesters over the summer to provide opportunities for students who:
- Elect to enrich and/or accelerate their regular program
- Desire additional flexibility in scheduling courses for the regular school year, and/or
- Need to repeat a course in order to complete requirements for graduation or to earn credits to advance to the next grade classification.
Summer School 2021 will be held at Downers Grove North High School
4436 Main Street, Downers Grove, Illinois 60515
2021 SUMMER SCHOOL SCHEDULE
- Semester 1: June 7-10, 14-17, 21-23 (3-week block)
- Semester 2: June 28- July 1, July 6-8, 12-15 (3-week block)
Most classes meet from 8:00 am – 2:00 pm. Exceptions are: Drivers Ed and Key to Academic Success and AP. Chem Prep. Please see course descriptions for exact times.
ATTENDANCE AND CONDUCT
All students are expected to observe the regular school rules, as stated in the district handbook. Regular attendance is mandatory because each class represents a significant portion of the total class time. Vacations, training camps, or competitions are not valid reasons for absences. Students who are truant or who incur excess absences or tardiness are subject to being dropped from summer school class and will forfeit all tuition, fees, and credit.
Three tardies = one absence. A tardy becomes an absence after 20 minutes.
IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO REPORT A STUDENT ABSENCE. IF A STUDENT IS ABSENT MORE THAN TWO DAYS PER SEMESTER, REGARDLESS OF THE REASON, HE/SHE WILL BE DROPPED FROM CLASS, WITH NO REFUND OF TUITION OR FEES.
Final Exams will be conducted on June 23 and July 15 during the later half of the day. Final Exams will not be allowed prior to these days.