DGS Instructional Coaching
To create goal-focused partnerships with empowered professionals which foster inquiry, collaboration, and reflection to inspire teachers and enhance student learning and achievement.
Graphic Credits: Jim Knight
Instructional Coaching Defined
- Instructional Coaching is flexible based on the needs of the faculty member. Ideally, a coach and partner will work together throughout an academic year. This allows both to have an extended conversation about a partner’s goal and progress over time.
- Both classroom and non-classroom staff members are welcome to work with a coach.
- Instructional Coaches may work independently or with a co-teaching pair.
- Instructional Coaches can assist new faculty working on the D99 strands (Assessment Literacy, Cooperative Learning, Lit 99, Differentiated Instruction and SEED) implement their learning of these practices.
Instructional Coaching Learning Partners
Instructional Coaching is available to any interested faculty member looking for mentorship and professional development. Faculty can choose a flexible set of offerings from the following areas of focus:
- Personalized Professional Learning (PPL)
- Differentiated Instruction
- Cooperative Learning
- Classroom Management
- Inquiry-based Instruction
- Student Engagement
- Lesson Design
- Learning Goal Design
- Data Analysis
- Collecting Data
- Action Research Design
- Equity & Inclusion
- Design Your Own Topic Focus
Coaches are available to assist with any stage of the Personalize Professional Learning (PPL) cycle. For more information about District 99 PPL, please visit the District 99 Professional Learning website.
Connect with a Coach
Faculty and coaches can begin their partnership at any time of the academic year, based on schedules. To get started, please contact one of the following team members:
- Georgia Hash, Associate Principal for Curriculum & Instruction, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Isabelle Menke, Instructional Coordinator, email@example.com
- Barb Cassidy, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lesley Cox, email@example.com
- Jennifer Hernandez, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Christy Landschoot, email@example.com
- Kyle King, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jocelyn Painter, email@example.com
- Scott Parker, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kathleen Skinner, email@example.com
- Amy Stoops, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kierstin Thompson, email@example.com