Exchange Student Information
District 99 is proud to welcome global exchange students into our schools. We invite full-year exchange students to apply. Space is limited. Please follow the following steps if considering hosting an exchange student:
- Register with an organization that is accredited by the CSIET. Only students affiliated with an accredited student travel organization are considered.
- Ensure that the host family resides in a home that is within the District 99 boundaries.
- Exchange students are responsible for all regular school fees. Information about school fees can be found on the Business Office website.
- The student travel organization should send a complete application and information packet to Downers Grove North (via email to firstname.lastname@example.org) by December 15th for enrollment the following school year.
- Second-semester applications are not accepted. This timeline ensures that we can appropriately plan for our incoming students in our class counts.
- Downers Grove North will inform the sending organization of an accepted application via email by February 1st.
- Once accepted, all exchange students will follow the same steps as any transfer student in the summer prior to their first semester. Those steps are detailed on our Registrar Page.