Nurse & Health Services
Downers Grove North school nurses, under the School Code of Illinois, work closely with all staff, utilizing the school health program to contribute significantly to the attainment of optimum health and safety, so that the maximum educational potential of each student is reached.
Nurse & Health Services include:
- Monitoring and assisting students with everyday health issues as well as those with more challenging physical needs
- Administering medications
- Maintaining and monitoring student immunization and health records
- Assigning elevator passes
- Assessing special education students along with CSSS team
- Promoting awareness of health concerns to students and staff
- Maintaining and monitoring physician's orders regarding mental, physical, or emotional conditions that may limit student participation in a class and/or extra-curricular activity.
- Vision & Hearing Screening will be provided for children of mandated age/grade/groups each year. Vision screening is not a substitute for a complete eye and vision evaluation by an eye doctor. Your child is not required to undergo this vision screening if an optometrist or ophthalmologist has completed and signed a report form indicating that an examination has been administered within the previous 12 months and that evaluation is on file at the school. Vision screening is NOT an option. If a vision examination report is not on file at the school for your child, your child in the mandated age/grade/group will be screened. Please contact the school nurse if you have questions regarding the vision and hearing screening program.
Mary Beth Tamm, Certified School RN, email@example.com
Kathy McDonald, RN, firstname.lastname@example.org
Angela Dunlap, RN, Multineeds Nurse, email@example.com
Ruby Montano, Administrative Assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org
Room 102, next to the Main Office
Office Hours: 7:40 a.m. - 3:40 p.m.