The ten academic departments at North High School offer students a variety of courses from which to choose. For more information about each department, please select from the menu to the left.
Teacher Office Hours
Every DGS teacher has reserved 3 hours each week outside of the school day to meet with students individually. Check the syllabus on Home Access Center and/or the teacher's Google Classroom site to see when your teacher holds office hours.
North High's Academic Resource Room is open throughout the school day in Room 050, which is located just beneath the Commons. This is one way for students to get additional help with a teacher or peer tutor after they have worked with their teachers during their office hours.
National Honor Society student tutors are available to provide assistance. Email Frau Burritt at email@example.com; specify the subject area you are seeking assistance.
STRIVE is a free after-school program for students who are in need of assistance with coursework, organization and test preparation. STRIVE meets every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 3:30-4:30 p.m. in the Library. Learn more about STRIVE. Email Nader Najjar at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
As a complement to D99 teacher and peer support, 400+ professionally trained tutors are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week via chat by logging into paper.co:
- Tutors communicate anonymously with students live via a chat (not video).
- To protect student privacy,students are not assigned a dedicated tutor and the tutor assigned will vary session to session.
- Students may receive help in almost any subject.
- Students can chat with a tutor individually or in a group.
- Tutors coach students on how to approach problems, rather than providing the answers.
- Students can submit essays and have feedback in 24 hours or less.
District 99 teachers have access to all questions and conversations held between their students and Paper tutors.
Tutors are full-time employees of Paper and have been subject to a background check. Many are former teachers, graduate students in education and/or subject matter experts, and skilled in encouraging students in an online format.
Check out our D99 Support Services Resources for Academic Support