From the people who brought you...
Positively North: Positive Recognition
The Positively North Program recognizes DGN students for serving as role models by demonstrating positive actions and choices on a daily basis. For several years, we have recognized thousands of students and look forward to recognizing many more role models in the future.
Lessons and Schedule
Each month, the Positively North team develops a lesson based on student interest and with input from teachers from various departments at North.
Each lesson is 20 minutes long and occurs once a month during Period 2 classes. North Star student leaders come in to lead the lesson by running activities and facilitating discussions.
- September 10: School Safety Updates at DGN
- October 15: Red Ribbon Week
- November 12: ELITE presentation on Leadership
- March 18: Managing School-Related Stress
- Student leaders and alumni shared tips on how to manage stress during their high school career.
- April 15: Microaggressions - United Men and Women of Strength
- What are micccroaggressions? How do they impact people? What we can do to be more mindful of avoiding them?
Postively Awesome Award Recipients
Each week, the Positively North team selects students from teacher nominations. Teachers have the ability to recognize a student who went above and beyond that week or who acted as a positive role model for his/her peers. The teacher sends that student a Positively Awesome certificate, which is then hand-delivered to students in class by staff members on Fridays along with a cookie and/or a DGN pencil. Parents of students who get a Positively Awesome certificate receive an email notification as well.