The Commencement Ceremony for the class of 2022 will be held in the stadium on Sunday, May 22, 2022 at 1:00 p.m.
Gates to the stadium will open at 12:00 p.m. We offer a few reminders for our graduates and their families:
- Seating is available in both sets of bleachers.
- A limited number of seats are available on the track for those whose physical needs find traversing the bleachers difficult. Only one family member will be allowed to sit with someone needing seating on the track. All other family members will need to sit in the spectator bleachers. There is ADA seating available in the bleachers as well.
- So as to not impede sightlines, balloons and/or signage will not be allowed into the stadium.
- Graduates will follow a recessional back to the building at the conclusion of the ceremony where they will receive their temporary files and diploma.
- Spectators should remain in their seats until all graduates have exited the stadium.
- There is limited handicap parking available in the lot at the Administrative Service Center on the Northwest corner of campus (north of the stadium). Additionally, we will have staff using golf carts to shuttle guests from the parking lots to the stadium, if needed.
Other reminders for our graduates and their families.
- Graduates should plan to arrive at South High and meet in the fieldhouse no later than 12:10 p.m. Only the South High graduates will be permitted into the building.
- Students were reminded that commencement is a dignified ceremony. It is important to dress in a manner consistent with the tradition of dignity on this occasion. This includes the wearing of shirts with collars and ties, dress shoes, dress slacks, and/or skirts or dresses. Please note that the wearing of heels is prohibited in the stadium in order to protect the turf. Wedges are appropriate and permitted. Gowns should have a clean look, including caps free of decorations. Because the tassel, stole, and cord are the ways in which we recognize academic achievement, only those items can be part of graduation attire.
- Graduates have been encouraged to arrange a place to meet family and friends following the ceremony. Families may want to stay in the stadium and have the graduates return there as it would be a good place for photo opportunities with the stage, etc.
- Lifetouch, our official commencement photographer, will have portraits available online at Events.Lifetouch.com approximately ten days after the ceremony. Celebrate your achievement with these professional portraits.
- For those unable to attend the ceremony, it will be streamed live on-line. This has been linked on the South High homepage and is available here.
- Finally, we encourage all family members to travel together to school as parking will be extremely limited due to the number of people attending.
Congratulations to members of the Class of 2022!