Your Sophomore Year
Exploration - Learning about Yourself
- Keep future options open; enroll in solid academic courses.
- Do your best in all your classes. Grades do matter when thinking about post-secondary options.
- Realize that attendance and tardies do matter. Strive to be to school and class on time.
- Continue your involvement in extra-curricular and/or volunteer activities.
- Explore future options. Use the Family Connections program. Talk to people about their careers. Talk to older students who are in college. Ask them what they would have done differently in high school. Talk with your teachers about your future. Ask them what college they attended. Ask them why they went into the career they did.
- Talk more extensively with your parents/guardians about what you want to do after high schools, i.e., college, military, trade school, etc.
Attainable Futures-Exploring Career Opportunities
Attainable Futures is a program offered by District 99 and Chamber630. The program provides career exploration opportunities and enhances the skills necessary for students to enter the workforce. All sessions are taught by employers that work in our community. The application can be found here and is due on Friday, November 18, 2016
Grade Level Parent Programs
10th Grade - 2020 Open House Presentation
November 16 - 20, 2020: Sophomore Discover You
January 14, 2021: Conquering College Costs
7:00 p.m. Auditorium
January 8, 2021: Advisement Day
January 19 – 22, 2021: Course Registration for 2020-2021 School Year
February 17, 2021: College & Career Planning Night
6:30 p.m. Auditorium