Timeline of Concept Development
- On March 20, 2018, Community votes to support Master Facility Plan
- On December 18, 2017, Board of Education approves placing proposal on the March 20, 2018 ballot
- At its meeting on December 4, 2017, the Board of Education hears community engagement results, including the four meetings of the Citizen Task Force, all-household mail survey and phone poll of 300 likely voters.
- Community Presentations and Tours
>> Thursday, October 12, 2017 from 7 - 9 p.m. at North High
>> Thursday, October 19, 2017 from 7 - 9 p.m. at South High
>> Saturday, October 21, 2017 from 9:30 - 11:30 a.m. at North High
>> Saturday, October 28, 2017 from 9:30 - 11:30 a.m. at South High
- 40-member Citizen Task Force begins meeting August 2017
- Community Meeting held April 20, 2017 at DGS
- Community Meeting held April 19, 2017 at DGN
- Presentation to the Board of Education - April 17, 2017
- Presentation to the Board of Education - December 5, 2016
- Presentation to the Board of Education - October 3, 2016
- Presentation to Board of Education - May 2, 2016
- Presentation to Board of Education - February 22, 2016
- Presentation to Board of Education - October 19, 2015
- Presentation to Board of Education - April 13, 2015
- December 2014 - District 99 invites the community to provide input at feedback sessions; over 60 community members participate. See North High 2014 Community Feedback and South High 2014 Community Feedback
- Presentation to Board of Education - May 19, 2014
- January 2014 - Wight completes a Building Condition Assessment of both North High and South High, as well as conducts in-depth interviews of staff members to collect more information. Several "themes" of opportunities and needs emerge.
- October 2013 - Advisory group of administrators and architects is formed. Academic departments hold "visioning" sessions, allowing them to freely brainstorm possibilities for our learning spaces.
- January 2011 - Facilities identified as weakness in District 99's strategic plan