Greetings from North High School!
I hope you’ve had a great week! It’s been a productive and lively first week of school, and we are happy to be settling into some school routines. Students are enjoying the Commons area during their lunches and Learning Commons time and we’ve had some fun in our outdoor commons area with games and activities. Thank you to your students for their wonderful energy and enthusiasm during our first full week back!
Please check below for some weekly reminders and upcoming events:
On Thursday, August 26, we will host our annual curriculum night. This event is designed to give you information about what to expect at each grade level as well as an opportunity to meet your child’s teachers and to learn a little about the courses in which they are enrolled. We have a robust program for the evening, and are excited to welcome you to North High School. Grade level presentations begin at 5:30 p.m., a full welcome/parent meeting will begin at 6:30 p.m., and from 7:10-9:12 p.m., parents will attend each of their child’s classes for ten minutes.
Grade Level Presentations - 5:30 - 6:15 p.m.
- Freshmen Auditorium
- Sophomores Student Cafeteria
- Juniors Rooms 208/210
- Seniors Rooms 300/302
- Welcome - All - 6:30 - 7:00 p.m.
- North High Administration
- Class Schedule - 7:10 - 9:12 p.m.
- Parents will attend each period in your student’s schedule
As a reminder, all who enter the building must wear a proper face mask.
Please click here for the full schedule, which includes information about where you can go during your child’s lunch period and/or study hall and the full bell schedule for the evening. We hope to see you on Thursday, August 26!
Please also note that Friday, August 27 is an early release; students will be dismissed at 1:30 p.m. See below for the schedule.
Get your smile on! Students in grades 9, 10, and 11 will be photographed for the yearbook on Thursday, August 26 or Friday, August 27 during math classes. Math teachers will confirm with their students the day on which they will be photographed.
- Students with the following math teachers will be photographed on Thursday, August 26: Adamczyk; Beer; Dau; Dela Cruz; Fleming; Heldmann, Johnwick; Labud; Larsen; McClellan; A. McDonald; Nauss; Ourada; Passarelli; Purcell; Van Wetering
- Students with the following math teachers will be photographed on Friday, August 27: Fiacchino; Greenaberg; Heiwig; Jenkins; Maletich; T. McDonald; Torres; Wardlow
Overall, students have been great about wearing their masks in school - and, we have noticed some spots where we can improve. We would appreciate you reminding your child to wear their mask over their mouth AND nose at all times, except when eating. Students are allowed to remove masks when they are eating, but MUST put them back on as soon as they are done. Masks must be worn in all areas of the building. Please continue to encourage students to follow proper mask protocol, and to maintain 3 feet of social distancing.
The DGN Parents' Club welcomes all students/parents/guardians back to school for the 2021-2022 school year! Check out their website at www.dgnorthpc.com to learn more and how parents can get the most out of their DGN experience. Their first meeting is Wednesday, September 8 at 7 p.m. Mr. Mark Mirandola Director of Student Activities, and I will be presenting about the importance of involvement at North High.
- August 26: Curriculum Night
- August 27: 1:30 Early dismissal (Bell Schedule)
- September 1: Student Activities Fair in the Commons during lunches
- September 6: No School - Labor Day
Please also check our athletic website for upcoming sporting events.
Have a great weekend, and I look forward to seeing you next week at Curriculum Night!
Dr. Courtney DeMent
North High School