Message from Dr. Courtney DeMent, North High School Principal
Hello Trojan Students and Families,
The start of the 2021-22 school year is here! It was energizing to see so many of our students at our recent Trojanpalooza and New Student Orientation events. We can’t wait to have all of our students and staff together - and I can’t wait to finally meet you.
On behalf of the entire staff here at North high, we are so excited to welcome students back for the first day of school this Friday, August 13, 2021. Please reference this important information that was sent out last week regarding the first day of school schedule and the start of the year.
Additionally, please note these important reminders for Friday:
- Time is built in for students to find lockers. Also, during students' lunch periods they will visit the Commons for gifts from the staff.
- There is NO Zero Hour on Friday, August 13.
- Masks must be worn at all times while inside of the school building.
- Login to Home Access Center for bus schedules, ID numbers for lunch, locker numbers or locker combinations.
- If a student's schedule says "Commons," this means they have a free period in their schedule and are able to visit the library, CSSS services, or find a place to study during that time. Staff will be available for assistance.
- Friday bus schedule pickup times for Freshmen and Sophomores are 3 hours later than their normal pickup time. For example, if your child is picked up at 6:45 a.m. on a regular school day, they will be picked up at 9:45 a.m. - for Friday only.
- Monday, August 16 resumes a regular weekly schedule, including late start Mondays. Please visit the website to see the full daily schedules.
- Lastly, if students want to connect to the school wi-fi network, please use the BYOD network. Students simply log in with their user credentials.
Please watch my short August video message to learn about upcoming events for students and parents, and find more details below.
- Our friends at grit2 are hosting an event for parents TONIGHT from 6:30-7:30 pm. “Supporting Your Teen’s Mental Health” will feature Stacey Patterson and will be held via Zoom.
- On Thursday evening, August 12, 2021, District 99 will host “Adapt and Elevate” with Michael Bonner. The presentation will begin at 6 p.m. on the Main Stage at the South High Performing Arts Center. Click here to read more.
- DGN Fine Arts presents their Varsity Play, Revenge of the Space Pandas, on Aug. 19, 20 and 21. Tickets can be purchased in the Student Activities office. (Now located in the new Learning Commons!)
- The annual Curriculum Night for parents and guardians will be held on Thursday, August 26. We will send out details as the date nears.
- Friday, August 27 is a 1:30 p.m. dismissal day.
- We encourage all students to get involved in an extracurricular activity during their years at North High. For students to learn about the variety of clubs, athletics and organizations, we’re hosting a Student Activities Fair on Wednesday, Sept. 1 in the Learning Commons.
We look forward to seeing our students in person, and for our students to explore our new spaces in the building. Here’s to a fantastic year together!