Greetings North High Students and Families!
I hope you are all doing well. I know it has been a strange way to start the school year, and I appreciate everyone’s patience and kindness as we’ve done our best to move forward.
Every month, I share a video message with families. If you have a few minutes, I hope you’ll watch my September video message here.
Video message highlights:
- Thank you to our staff, students and families for your continued patience as we worked through the opening of school with a Remote Learning schedule. We will soon ask you to complete a survey to help guide us for how to improve as we move forward with the school year.
- Limited athletic teams are competing, and other teams have moved to the spring.
- We will have an outdoor play production of “Snoopy” the first weekend in October.
- Many other activities are being held virtually, and on Friday, September 11, a document will be shared with students that will include the name of each club, the club video, and a code to “join” that club to get announcements and learn about upcoming meetings and events.
- We are moving Homecoming to October and will shift many of our cherished traditions to virtual events.
- The Master Facility Plan projects are coming along; the cafeteria, new gym and library are nearly complete and the new STEAM addition is projected to be completed in October. To see more pictures and updates, check out and subscribe to our newsletter Facility Friday.
- We will be holding a special Financial Aid night on Wednesday, September 9 (and Sept 10 in Spanish) at 7 p.m. Click here for details and to register. The sessions will be recorded to view later if you cannot make it. Seniors, pay special attention as the completion of the FAFSA form is now a graduation requirement in the state of Illinois.
- Our Parents’ Club will hold its first meeting of the year on Wednesday, September 9 at 7 p.m. Watch your email for the link. Everyone is welcome to join!
As always, please feel free to call or email me with any questions or concerns. I can be reached at 630-795-8411 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Students are welcome to email me, talk to me in the hallway, or stop by the main office at any time.
Enjoy the Labor Day weekend and have a great month of September!