Greetings South High Students and Families!
If you have a few minutes, I hope you’ll watch my short December video message here.
As always, please feel free to call or email me with any questions or concerns. I can be reached at 630-795-8511 or at firstname.lastname@example.org; students are welcome to email me, talk to me in the hallway (from a social distance), or stop by the main office.
Have a strong finish to the semester and an enjoyable winter break!
Video message highlights:
- Congratulations to two of our South High student-athletes for signing National Letters of Intent to continue participating at the collegiate level. We are looking forward to the great things that Noah and Maddie will accomplish athletically after leaving South High.
- This Saturday, the Key Club is sponsoring their annual giving tree. Like everything else, the process looks different this year. Please consider donating unwrapped gifts for children between the ages of 6 and 15, or gift cards and monetary donations can also be accepted. Stop by on Saturday from 8:00 am to noon. Details can be found on our website.
- Also this weekend, students will be participating in a Virtual Snowball event. We are proud to be able to continue to offer these opportunities for our students, albeit in a different format.
- Congratulations to the South High student musicians who were recognized as All-District by the Illinois Music Educators Association. This year students auditioned by submitting a video recording of their performance...an even more challenging ask. Congratulations to these outstanding representatives of South High.
- The Holiday Concert and Winter Art Show are being reimagined into a virtual format. The events will air on December 17, starting at 6 p.m. on the DGS Fine Arts YouTube Channel here.
- We have been busy looking over feedback from the latest survey that was given and are using it to guide decisions about the second semester schedule. We will review changes and recommendations at the Board of Education meeting on December 14. Please check your email for updates.