North High Project Timeline and Highlights
There are three phases of the Master Facility Plan: Phase A, Phase B, Phase C. North High projects by phase are outlined below. We will hold tours for the public on our progress on Friday, October 4 at 4:30 p.m. A dedication celebration (date to be determined) will be held for the public when all construction is complete in the fall of 2021.
- Click here to see the North High construction camera!
- Click here to watch a video presentation of DGN Plans
- Click here to see groundbreaking celebration photos from May 20, 2019
- Have a question or concern about a specific construction site? Please contact Nicholas Sleboda, Senior Project Manager, Director of Field Operations at Wight Construction Services at email@example.com or 630-969-7000.
The new DGN secured vestibule was completed for the start of the 2019-20 school year
Phase A Highlights:
- New and secured vestibule at Main Street entrance.
- Closure of the west entrance circle drive, separating pedestrian and vehicular traffic.
- Conversion of the original gym to building services, streamlining maintenance and deliveries to and from the building.
- Renovation of multi-needs classrooms, better equipping students with special needs important work/life skills.
- New Radio/TV classroom.
- Five renovated classrooms.
Rendering of the planned new competition-sized gymnasium for Phase B
Phase B Highlights:
- New and expanded kitchen and serving areas, as well as a dining area inside the footprint of the original school building. The brick exterior of the original 1928 building will be exposed and restored, giving the new space character and a sense of history.
- A new competition-sized gymnasium and athletic loft areas to accommodate gymnastics and wrestling programs and spectators.
- A renovated library, including additional two classrooms adjacent to the library.
- A new addition on the southeast side of the building featuring a suite of classrooms for visual arts on the first floor, career and technical education courses on the second floor and four new science labs on the third floor. The second and third floors will have access to outdoor instructional spaces.
- New and expanded ADA-compliant outdoor bleachers and squad rooms.
Design of the Learning Commons at DGN for Phase C
Phase C Highlights:
- A Learning Commons will serve as a flexible educational space for students and staff to socialize and work collaboratively, study individually and in small groups; key student resources will surround the centrally located space.