Community Bulletin Board
District 99 is happy to share information with our families and community about not-for-profit events. If you have information you would like us to consider for posting, please send an email to email@example.com.
- Virtual College Essay Program, Downers Grove Public Library: Saturday, September 25 from 10-11:30 a.m. Learn more and register!
- Glenbard Parent Series Upcoming Webinars:
- Tuesday, September 28 at 7 p.m.: Ross Szabo & Dr Jason Washburn — Behind Happy Faces: Suicide, Let's Talk About It - Zoom
- Virtual Options Fair: Wednesday, October 6 from 6-8 p.m. Learn more and register!
- Students with special needs and their families will have an opportunity to meet with colleges and universities as well as agencies that can provide services after high school.
- From DuPage COVID HEART (Health Equity and Access Response Team) Web Discussions:
- Black/African American Neighbor Discussion - Thursday, September 9 from 6-7:30 p.m.
- Latinx/Spanish Neighbor Discussion - Wednesday, September 22 from 6:30-8 p.m.
- Middle Eastern, North African and Arab Neighbor Discussion - Wednesday, September 29 - 6-7:30 p.m.
- DuPage County ACT-SO - View information about 2021-22 program; ACT-So nurtures excellence and provides positive reinforcement to African American high school students
- Dated to Renovated Workshop: Students invited to create and sell their artwork to benefit the D99 Education Foundation - Learn more!
- Sharing Connections Virtual Trivia Challenge: October 28 and December 16 - Learn more and register!
- University of Illinois Extension 4-H Youth Learning Opportunities (Webinars) - Learn more and register!
RECENT EVENT RECORDINGS
- Better Conversations: Supporting Resilience With Your Teen: View Recording with Passcode 1#p4rZ8C
- "Just Talk to Me" - Better Conversations Workshop - View Recording
- grit2 presents Cathy Adams: Parenting Strategies for Uncertain Times - View Recording
- North High How to Help Your Student Academically.: View Recording with passcode $+3@KVIL
- North High School and Grit2 present Critical Converstations: View Recording
COMMUNITY FOOD DISTRIBUTION
Additional Community Food Pantries:
FISH Food Pantry
4340 Prince Street
Open every Monday from 8:30-11:30 a.m.
St. Joseph Church
Open every Thursday from 8:15-10:30 a.m.
St. Mary's Church
444 Wilson Street
Open Wednesday from 8-11 a.m.
People's Resource Center
Open Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday from 9-11 a.m.
Open Thursday night - 6-8 p.m.
Can use pantry 2 times a month.
OTHER COMMUNITY INFO
- Glenbard Parent Series: Navigating Healthy Families. Free programs are offered throughout the school year to facilitate real-world parenting skills that enhance our teens' social and emotional development.
- Ending Opiod Misuse: 1-833-2FINDHELP - Identifying an Opiod Overdose
- Downers Grove Public Library: Stream eBooks, movies, and music for free
- Coronavirus School Fact Sheet (Spanish) from the DuPage County Health Department