Dear South High students and families,
We have many things to look forward to in February! Please click here to watch my video to hear about all of the things going on in our school and ways you can get involved. You also can read a summary of highlights below.
I hope that you have a good month!
- As January came to a close, we welcomed the Class of 2025 during our virtual orientation session on Wednesday night. It’s always exciting to add new members to the Mustang Family.
- It has been great having students back in the building attending classes within the hybrid schedule. Over the past few days we have expanded their days as many of our winter sports have gotten underway. We are excited to be able to have students participate safely in these activities that mean so much to them.
- Spirit is alive and well as we head into February. We have fun spirit activities occurring all month long and these activities are being done with compassion in mind. Our ACE Club has also planned activities that provide support for local PADS. Please consider supporting their efforts.
- We also celebrate Black History Month in February. Highlighted by the performance of the Black History Play on February 19, the month is filled with many opportunities to get involved.
- Congratulations to the 16 South High student artists who earned 5 Gold Key Awards, 7 Silver Key Awards, and 15 Honorable Mention Awards at the 2021 Chicagoland Area Regional Scholastic Art Show. Be sure to take a minute and check out the virtual gallery of student work.
- We will begin administering saliva screenings soon for in-person learning and for students participating in on-campus activities. This is just another step we are taking to improve our safety. An FAQ, waiver forms, screening kits and additional information are coming soon.
- Instead of an in-person tour, we created this video to help guide you through some of the new spaces that were part of Phase B of the Master Facility Plan.
- Reminder that in-person learners should come to school unless sick; if they will be absent, a parent/guardian must call 630-795-8550.
- There will be no school on February 15 (Presidents’ Day) or February 26 (County Wide Institute Day).