Dear North High students and families,
It has been great to see so many students at school for classes and extracurricular activities/sports.
Please click here to watch my video for February. You also can see a summary of highlights below.
As always, please feel free to call or email me with any questions or concerns. I can be reached at 630-795-8411 or at email@example.com. Students are welcome to email me, talk to me in the hallway, or stop by the main office at any time.
Ms. Janice Schwarze
DGN Video for February - Video Summary
- Winter sports (badminton, boys/girls basketball, bowling, cheerleading, dance, girls gymnastics, and boys swimming & diving) are starting their seasons, and the IHSA has released a calendar of sports for the remainder of the school year. Once we finalize practice and game schedules for winter sports, we’ll work on contact days for sports that are not currently in season.
- North High artists won 62 Scholastic Art Awards this year, including 17 Gold Key Awards, 18 Silver Key Awards, and 27 Honorable Mention Awards. Click here for details.
- Saliva screenings will begin soon and will be mandatory for in-person learning and participation in on-campus activities. An FAQ, waiver forms, screening kits and additional information are coming soon.
- North High will expand its “week of kindness” from last year into an entire month of kindness. The Student Activities Office is planning ways to celebrate; be on the lookout for additional information. You are also encouraged to perform your own Random Act of Kindness!
- Students who elected to learn in person must attend school unless they are sick; please report absences to 630-795-8450.
- Parents’ Club will meet virtually on Wednesday, February 12 at 7 p.m. Students and staff will share their experiences with Changemakers, a student group that is committed to inspiring positive change at DGN. Please watch your email for the link.
- There will be no school on February 1 (Remote Planning Day for teachers), February 15 (Presidents’ Day) or February 26 (County Wide Institute Day).
- Instead of an in-person tour, we created this video to help guide you through some of the new spaces that were part of Phase B of the Master Facility Plan.
- I’m pleased to introduce Courtney DeMent, who will be the principal of North next year. She will start July 1, right after I retire in June. Please join me in welcoming her to North High!