Greetings North High Students and Families!
It has been wonderful to be able to run our Modified Hybrid Schedule the last two weeks and see students learning inside our building. To say that we have missed our students is an understatement.
If you have a few minutes, I hope you’ll watch my November video message here. In addition to hearing about the topics listed below, you’ll get to see some of our new spaces!
As always, please feel free to call or email me with any questions or concerns. I can be reached at 630-795-8411 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I hope you have a nice and safe Halloween and a great November.
Video message highlights:
- Even though we were not in school, we still celebrated Red Ribbon Week and shared this video with students. It’s about the importance of staying connected and ways to do so!
- We are in the process of “Re-imagining” two popular events: Operation Snowball and ELITE. Please be on the lookout for more information soon!
- Our fall sports are coming to an end, and I want to congratulate everyone for making the best of our current situation. Special shoutouts to swimmers Olivia Asay and Gianna Cappello, diver Allison Mulvey and golfer Tyler Schenk--all of whom would have gone to state if the competitions were able to be held. Congratulations also to the Boys Cross Country team--they are Regional Champions! Best of luck tomorrow to both the Boys & Girls Cross Country Sectionals.
- Thanks to all of the families who attended the parent-teacher conferences last week. Please remember that you are always welcome to contact your teacher during any point in the school year to discuss your student’s progress.
- The two parent seminars we held earlier this week were also well attended. If you missed the seminars, please see How to Help Your Student Academically, passcode $+3@KVIL and Critical Conversations.
- Please mark your calendar for Parents’ Club on November 11 at 7 p.m. to hear a presentation by the president of the College of DuPage, Dr. Caputo.
- We will follow a remote-only adjusted special schedule for next week here. Note Monday’s schedule and that there is no school on Tuesday.
- It is our expectation that everyone will be respectful in the days and weeks following this election. Many of our teachers have been talking about how to navigate conversations about the election should the topic arise, and on Monday I will send an email to students reminding them of our expectations.
- Finally, note the Thanksgiving week schedule here.