Greetings North High students and families,
I hope you enjoyed the beautiful weather this weekend and that the 9th graders enjoyed being in the building last week. I was proud to see how respectful they were of each other and their safety. Every student adhered to the required safety guidelines of wearing PPE and trying to maintain the appropriate social distance. They also did a great job of finding their way around the building.
The Homecoming activities last week also were a big success. It was great to see students involved in spirit days, the food drive, the scavenger hunt, and our first ever drive-in movie. The Virtual Homecoming Assembly was an excellent celebration of our students; click here to view the assembly. It is definitely worth your time.
Our school was filled with positive energy last week, and I look forward to the weeks of October 19 and October 26 when we bring all of the students who selected the Hybrid Schedule back into the building. This week, however, we continue to be fully remote in order to accommodate SAT testing and Parent-Teacher Conferences.
Below is a reminder of the schedule for this week:
- Monday, October 12: No Student Attendance (Remote Learning Planning for teachers)
- Tuesday, October 13: Remote Learning for All Students (periods 0-1-3-5-7)
- Wednesday, October 14: SAT test (seniors) & independent class work (underclassmen)
- Seniors should refer to this email for details and watch for an email with room assignments today.
- Freshmen, sophomores, and juniors should use this day to complete independent class work. While most teachers will be busy proctoring the SAT exam, the Virtual Academic Resource Room will be available 8:30 am - 1:00 pm for students who need assistance with classwork. All students have received an email invitation to a Google Classroom that includes links to all Virtual Academic Resource Rooms.
- Thursday, October 15: Remote Learning for All Students (periods 0-2-4-6-8); Parent Teacher Conferences in the evening
- Friday, October 16: No Student Attendance except for TCD students (Parent Teacher Conferences)Friday
- TCD Students should look for a separate email regarding attendance for this day.
As a reminder, Parents’ Club meets this Wednesday virtually at 7:00 p.m. Here is the link to the meeting. Mark Mirandola will share how Student Activities have been reimagined this year, and Allison Bava will explain how the library continues to serve students. Finally, I will provide some reminders about return to school plans. I hope to see you there.
Later this week be on the lookout for an additional email with important in-person learning reminders, including bus information.
Best wishes for a great week. Stay well!
North High Principal