Board of Education Meeting Protocols
Updated on February 28, 2022
School Board Meetings are meetings held in public so the community has an opportunity to hear and observe the work of the Board and the Administration. While members of the public are given a limited opportunity to address the Board, these meetings are not intended to serve as a public forum for open sharing of political views and opinions. The primary purpose of the meeting is for the Board to take action on district business on the agenda. Anyone attending a Board Meeting should be there with the intent to observe the meeting and to hear the perspectives of others during the Reception of Visitors - Public Comment. The public may contact and share their perspectives at any time with the Superintedent directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or the Board at email@example.com.
When attending board meetings, visitors should be aware of the following:
- Meetings will take place at the District's typical meeting room at the Administrative Service Center located at 6301 Springside Ave. in Downers Grove and will continue to be live streamed at https://www.youtube.com/csd99media
- Individuals interested in making public comment, but who do not wish to attend the meeting in-person may use this form to provide comments. Submissions will be shared with all Board Members and will be made part of the official record. Should an entry contain vulgar or libelous language, the information or comment will be removed from the record. This form will open the morning of a Board Meeting and close after the meeting ends.
- All visitors must follow the conduct expected in Board Policy 8.30. Those addressing the Board during the Reception of Visitors must follow the procedures outlined in Board Policy 2.230.
- Visitors may not verbally or physically harass or threaten others in the room nor may they prevent the Board from conducting its business or interfere with those addressing the Board during the Reception of Visitors - Public Comment.
- In order to ensure the public can fully and completely hear and view the meeting, no noisemakers, shouting, signs, flags, banners, or other items may be used to unreasonably interfere with the Board meeting, video production or streaming of the meeting.
- All safety measures must be followed while inside the building.
- Failure to follow these protocols may result in removal from the Board Meeting, and depending on the severity of the actions, may result in restricted admission to school events or meetings for up to one calendar year. Additionally, it may also result in limited access to communicate directly with school personnel under Board Policy 8.30.
The Administration and Board of Education in District 99 are dedicated to serving the students, families and community in District 99.
We appreciate the community’s interest in District 99 and for your understanding of our responsibility to ensure that we hold effective and safe meetings that do not put an undue burden on resources. The District continues to encourage public attendance at meetings or to watch meetings live or recorded on YouTube at www.youtube.com/csd99media.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.