D99 Careers: Now Hiring Support Staff
District 99 is now hiring Support Staff for the 2022-23 school year! To make our district run smoothly, we need a variety of people with a variety of talents. Learn more below about benefits, open positions and even hear from a few of our support staff members in our Staff Spotlight videos. We look forward to learning more about YOU!
Support Staff Benefits
- Earn what you deserve: Employee wages are competitive with surrounding high school districts
- Take time without penalties: Employees are offered paid sick leave, personal leave and holiday pay
- Opt in for ideal health benefits: a variety of medical and dental insurance options are available.
- Up to 95% of premium for a PPO* paid by Board of Education *Dependent on plan selected
- Enhance your career with unique professional development opportunities.
- Up to 80% reimbursement for advanced coursework or certifications in priority needs of the school district
- Enjoy favored hours: Typically staff hours are from 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m. during the school year and off during summer months.
- Hours and shifts vary for custodial and maintenance positions
- Plan ahead with an IMRF pension: District 99 and its Board of Education offer a financially sound and efficient retirement system.
- 403b, 457 are also available
Current Open Positions: APPLY TODAY
- Administrative Assistants
For a complete list of job openings and more information, click here.
Paraprofessional Frequently Asked Questions
- Minimum education requirement: High school diploma or GED
- Secure a paraprofessional license from the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE)
- Complete the ISBE application
- Submit $100 fee to ISBE
- Submit transcripts to ISBE
Paraprofessionals work alongside a teacher in a classroom with students with special learning and physical needs.
It is preferred, but is not required. An applicant can be working on securing their license during the interviewing process.
If you’re interested in continuing your education to become a teacher or guest teacher, District 99 offers up to 80% reimbursement for advanced coursework or certifications in priority needs of the school district.
Learn more about various career opportunities at District 99 in our Staff Spotlight videos! We're currently hiring several support staff positions including guest teachers, paraprofessionals, administrative assistants and custodians. Apply today.
Guest Teacher: Kindrina Stough
Guest Teacher: Kevin Raher
Guest Teacher: Kenny Herron-Cologna
Paraprofessional: Heather Peterson