Master Facility Plan
On March 20, 2018, the District 99 Community voted to support Master Facility Plan (MFP), and work is underway, with making initial security improvements via a buzzer system and installing air conditioning. Both will be in place for the start of the 2018-19 school year.
The design process for other parts of the MFP has also started and will involve many people, both internally and in the community. Internally, we have formed 13 committees covering various aspects of the plan. Over 200 staff members, students, and community members are participating in the process. Groups will meet throughout the summer and fall to review designs and finalize designs. A core team comprised of those also involved in the work of other committees will ensure consistency and that the community's values, priorities and project budget are captured in the overall final design.
Informational Slides and Videos
- Video Presentations (see slides here)
- Introduction to Master Facility Plan (7 minutes, 51 seconds)
- Safety and Security (7 minutes)
- Accessibility (4 minutes, 5 seconds)
- Air Conditioning (2 minutes, 45 seconds)
- Modern Learning Spaces (6 minutes, 14 seconds)
- Learning Commons (12 minutes, 12 seconds)
- Equity Across Campuses (6 minutes, 30 seconds)
- Financial Information (8 minutes, 1 seconds)
We held six community meetings in 2017: April 19, April 20, October 12, October 19, October 21 and October 28. In October 2017, we mailed a printed survey to all households within in the District 99 boundaries; over 4,000 surveys were returned. Read a report of the results here. In addition, a phone poll was conducted; 300 likely voters were reached. Read a report of the results here.
We held Open Houses on February 21 and 22; click here for flyer.