Tuesday January 29, 2019 - 11:05 a.m.
Good Morning Everyone,
As you are likely aware, dangerously cold temperatures will be moving into the area with a drop in temperatures beginning at 6 p.m. today. By 10 p.m. dangerous conditions will take hold and are expected to remain through mid-day Thursday.
As a result:
- School is completely closed tomorrow Wednesday, January 30 and Thursday, January 31. This includes Technology Center of DuPage (TCD).
- There will be no school during the day and no extra-curricular athletics and activities in the afternoon or evening on Wednesday.
- There is a possibility of holding after school competitions on Thursday - we will communicate updates on Thursday.
After school events tonight (Tuesday, January 29) will proceed as follows:
- Testing centers are closed and there are no after school detentions.
- Activity buses will run as regularly scheduled.
- Any after school activity that is not a game or performance will end by 5 p.m.
- Some athletic competition times are being moved to earlier times. Please check the website for details.
- Sponsors or coaches may completely cancel any meeting or practice by directly contacting the students involved.
- No practice or activity will be held outside.
- For games or performances that end after 5 p.m.:
- Sponsors and coaches will not leave until every student is picked up. Students should be waiting inside until they know a parent is outside (visually or text/phone).
- Students who drive themselves will be instructed to return inside if they have car problems.
- Sponsors and coaches will drive through student lots to make sure nobody is waiting or having issues outside before leaving.
- Families can choose to have their student go home at the end of the day but students should communicate with their coach or sponsor before leaving.
We will make decisions on how this impacts the school calendar next week.
Please be safe over the next few days.