Greetings South High Students and Families:
Welcome to the last month of the 2020-21 school year. If you have a few minutes, I hope you’ll watch my short May video message here.
As always, please feel free to call or email me with any questions or concerns. I can be reached at 630-795-8511 or at email@example.com; students are welcome to email me, talk to me in the hallway, or stop by the main office.
Have a strong finish to the school year, Mustangs!
Video Message Highlights:
- We are proud that our visual artists partnered with the Woodridge Public Library to host the 11th Annual District 99 Student Art Exhibition.
- Congratulations to the South High speech team. The team was recognized by the IHSA as an Academic Award winner because of their great work in the classroom.
- 280 of our graduating seniors have earned academic honors based on having a gpa of 3.4 or higher. 31 of them have earned Distinguished Honors by having a cumulative gpa of 4.4 or higher.
- Congratulations to South High school counselor Lavon Robinson. He was recognized by the Illinois Association for College Admissions Counselors for his work mentoring a counselor at Riverside Brookfield High School.
- Congratulations to the staff of our school newspaper, the Blueprint for their success in the IHSA state journalism competition. For the third straight year they won the sectional and qualified for the state finals where four students earned medals.
- Jacqueline Barba - 2nd place in feature writing
- Jake Hahn - 5th in copy editing
- Alexis Pragides - 3rd in advertising design
- Teagan Smith - 6th in newspaper design
- Seniors - important information was sent home outlining some more specifics about prom, senior awards night, and graduation. This information is also available on our website here.
- Senior Awards Night was held on April 28. A special congratulations to those seniors named Outstanding Senior in each respective department.
- The library is looking for all of those books checked out over the last year. If you have South High library books lying around your house, please return them and have a chance to win valuable prizes.
- The last day of school for students is Friday, May 21. Note that while students may have final exams in some classes, there is NO special final exam schedule.
- Please check your email for a link to our final parent survey of the school year. Your feedback helps us improve and plan for the future.
- The Master Facility Plan continues to be on time and ahead of budget. All projects will be completed and the building will be ready to welcome students back in the fall.
- Did you know that South High has a job board for students? If students are interested in pursuing a summer job, they may want to check our job posting website.
- District 99 is partnering with other local school districts to offer opportunities for students to receive the Covid-19 vaccination. Please watch your email as once things are finalized, you will need to indicate your desire to participate.
- Students taking AP Exams will take them in person during May, or on-line in early June. Good luck to our students looking to earn advanced credit.