We learned this morning that District 88, in partnership with Broadway Medical Center, is hosting a COVID-19 vaccine clinic tomorrow, Saturday, April 24, administering the Pfizer vaccine for high school students. After students are fully vaccinated (2 weeks after the second dose in a 2-dose series), they will no longer be required to quarantine if they are a “close contact” to someone with COVID-19.
If you wish to participate:
- You will need to provide your own transportation to Addison Trail High School. You will be assigned an appointment between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. It may take up to an hour to complete your vaccination.
- Addison Trail High School is located at 213 N. Lombard Road, Addison, IL 60101
- You must be available Saturday, April 24 and Saturday, May 15 (for the second dose)
- Parent/Guardian consent is required for those under 18, and students are allowed to have one parent/guardian accompany them if so desired. A consent form will be provided.
- You will need to bring an ID with your birthdate on it.
- You do not need to have medical insurance in order to receive this vaccine. There is no cost to you.
- If you have insurance, you will need a printed copy of your insurance card.
- If you do not have insurance you can still attend and be vaccinated by informing them you do not have insurance.
- Please wear loose fitting clothes that can easily expose your shoulder.
If you want to be considered for a vaccine, please complete this form: April 24 Vaccine Clinic Registration
ALL POPULATIONS CAN RECEIVE THE VACCINE - DESPITE INSURANCE COVERAGE OR IMMIGRATION STATUS, ALL ARE WELCOME. THE ONLY REQUIREMENT IS TO BE AT LEAST 16 YEARS OF AGE.
Important - You cannot choose the specific time for your appointment. Appointments will take place between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. on April 24, 2021, with the second dose administered between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. on May 15, 2021. Vaccines will be administered at Addison Trail High School (213 N. Lombard Road, Addison, IL 60101). An email with the time and date of your appointment will be sent shortly after you complete your registration. YOU NEED TO BE AVAILABLE FOR BOTH DOSES IN ORDER TO REGISTER! To ensure safety, the Addison Police and Addison Fire Department and Paramedics will be on-site as well. Please note it is not mandatory for students to be vaccinated.
Note - there is no guarantee of availability. District 99 will continue to pursue additional vaccination opportunities but we encourage everyone to sign up with local pharmacies, your doctor and other healthcare providers if you wish to be vaccinated.