It was great seeing our in-person learners last week, and we look forward to your return in the near future.
As we continue to review and revise our plans to ensure the safety and well-being of students and staff, I’d like to share some reminders and some new information. Please take a few minutes to read the information below carefully.
- We have many resources available for all students:
- Please review this flyer for information about the many opportunities for academic support. I know that some teachers have shared information about Paper with students and that some students have already used this new resource. However, to make sure that all students know how to access this 7 days a week / 24 hours a day tutoring service, information will be shared with the entire student body on Monday, January 25 during the 3rd period extended block. Students/families with questions about academic support should visit the Academic Resource Google Classroom or contact Associate Principal Doherty at email@example.com or 630-795-8402.
- Each student has an Alpha Team who is ready to support DGN students. Linked here is the Alpha Team Breakdown for reference so that you can easily locate who your support team is. Students and family can reach out to members of their team via email with questions and concerns and can schedule an appointment with their counselor here. Also, here is a link to our SEL Resource Site that has great resources for students, parents and staff. Students/families with questions about support from the counseling department should contact Mr. King, Counseling & Student Support Services Department Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org or 630-795-8438.
- Whether we are in a remote learning environment or in a hybrid model, it is likely that many students will take assessments remotely. Students are required to use the school-issued Chromebook for all assessments; this allows teachers to monitor students’ work and ensure that the testing environment is secure. If students have problems with their Chromebook, they can contact the tech department by emailing email@example.com or calling 630-795-2720.
- If needed, semester 2 instructional materials can be picked up at the Main St. entrance Monday-Friday between 7 a.m.-5 p.m. Also, please be sure to return any DGN-issued books or materials from semester 1 classes as directed by the teacher.
- During a fully remote class period, if a teacher doesn’t report to class or if the teacher has a medical emergency during class and needs assistance, someone in the class should call our main office at 630-795-8400 as soon as possible.
We have two virtual meetings this week for parents/guardians:
- Parents’ Club - Tonight - Wednesday 1/13 at 7 p.m. Click here for the link; the Meeting ID is 875 7743 2469 and the Passcode is 216098. Associate Principal Doherty will present on the SAT and ACT, and I will explain Paper, share school updates, and answer questions.
- Conquering College Costs - Thursday, 1/14 at 6:30 p.m. Click here for the link; the passcode is 780117. Click here for additional information.
Thank you for taking the time to read this information carefully. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the people listed above or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.