Happy New Year!
Dear North High Students and Families,
Happy New Year! I hope you had a wonderful and well-deserved break.
Please click here to watch my video for January. You can also see a summary of highlights below.
I hope to see you soon!
Ms. Janice Schwarze
DGN Video for January - Video Summary
- Report cards will be available on Home Access Center by January 11.
- In order to return to school in person, the combined positivity rate of our community on the preceding Friday must be below 9% OR there must be fewer than 125 cases per 100,000 based on the 14-day rolling average. We will meet with the health department before we confirm our decision to return to in-person learning every Monday afternoon and will email everyone by 5 p.m. Click here to see the metrics we follow.
- Registration for the 2021-22 school year has begun. To review the Academic Planning Guide and other curriculum information, please click here. Parents/guardians are encouraged to have conversations with students about course selection. Selections are due by Friday, January 8. Students may schedule an appointment with their counselors if they need assistance; they will receive an email with information about how and when to schedule an appointment.
- Parents’ Club will meet virtually on Wednesday, January 13 at 7 p.m. Associate Principal Ryan Doherty will provide an overview of the ACT/SAT and share what we know about college testing requirements given the pandemic.
- To help families with college financial planning, North High will be hosting “Conquering College Costs” on Thursday, January 14. Click here for details!
- For the second year in a row, a record-number of 19 students earned ILMEA All-State Honors. Congratulations to Carissa Blumka, Bridget Callaghan, Cole Cook, Leah Costello, Jaclyn Duellman, Cameron Hejny, Isaac Hsu, Francesca Korbitz, Angelica Kowara, Cora Lingenfelter, MacKenzie McGuire,Nicole Moravec, Raegan Novak, Katelynn Ohk, Melissa Parkinson, Noah Purdue, Ian Stagaman,Caitlyn Stocki, and Jessica Wei. Please click here for more information!
- Dr. Hank Thiele, superintendent of District 99, congratulates Principal Janice Schwarze for being named 2020-21 DuPage Region High School Principal of the Year! She is now a candidate for the Illinois High School Principal of the Year. Click here for details!
- Principal Schware is retiring at the end of this school year. Many thanks to those who served on the North High principal search committee; the next principal will be announced later this month.
- We welcome the Class of 2025 to a Virtual Open House on Monday, January 25. Details will be emailed soon. Please be sure to refer to the emails about our various elective courses that are available!