Hello District 99 Families:
We wanted to provide you with some important reminders and information.
There is no school for students on Monday, September 21. This is a Remote Learning planning day for our teachers. In addition, there is no school for students on Monday, October 12 (Remote Learning planning day for teachers) and Tuesday, November 3 (Election Day). View the updated calendar.
As is the case for in person learning, punctual and regular attendance to all class periods is expected. We know that the first few weeks of the school year have brought some challenges including schedule confusion, connectivity issues, and Zoom authentication difficulties. We have worked hard to resolve issues as we were made aware of them and believe that most of the widespread challenges are resolved.
We want you to know about some of the changes we are making to attendance recordkeeping during remote learning as well as some general reminders:
- If a student does not attend class, the teacher will mark the student absent. The code entered into Home Access Center will initially appear as a ‘U’ code unless the attendance office has previously been contacted by the guardian and coded it accordingly.
- Regardless of the code for the absence, the student is allowed to make up any missing assignments and activities. We will keep the code assigned as a record that students missed the information covered that period.
- The attendance code will be used by the student’s Alpha Team (dean, counselor, social worker/psychologist) to inform the type of intervention the student needs to address attendance concerns.
- As always, if students are experiencing connection issues, they should email their teacher and dean to alert them as soon as possible. The dean will review and may replace the “U” code accordingly.
- If your student is ill and unable to attend class, please notify the Attendance Office. Please call the North High Attendance Office at (630)795-8450 and South High Attendance Office at (630)795-8550. As always guardians will be asked to provide the reason for the absence.
All District 99 students will be invited to take a Back-to-School survey next week. The purpose of the survey is to gather information that will help us better meet the educational, social, and emotional needs of our students. We will also be issuing a parent/guardian survey. Participation in the survey is entirely voluntary. Results from the survey will be reported publicly in a group summary format only.
If you prefer to exclude your student from participating in this survey, please email us at email@example.com by this Friday, September 18. There is no penalty for you or your student for not participating in the survey.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we all navigate these new circumstances together!