Hello District 99 Community,
Welcome to the 2020-21 school year! We wanted to share the following information about how you can stay informed and connected with us throughout the school year.
- You will automatically receive and do not need to subscribe to regular updates issued from your principal, important school and district information, and emergency email alerts. These messages will be sent to your email address(es) listed in Home Access Center. NOTE: All messages are sent to all guardians on file.
- To receive text messages for emergency information only, please send a text message from your device to 68453 with the word "subscribe."
Other ways District 99 communicates with you:
- Students automatically receive Daily Announcements via email; if you would also like to be in the know about daily happenings:
- Some of your student’s teachers, coaches and sponsors may choose to use a communications tool called “Remind” to send text and other messages. With Remind, personal information is private, and phone numbers are not visible. If a staff member uses Remind, you’ll receive an email or text message with more information, and can follow the steps to create your account.
- District 99 publishes a variety of publications throughout the school year, including: a monthly district newsletter, bi-monthly Board of Education Briefs, a weekly reminder of calendar items and a weekly facility update. Please click here to subscribe. (If you’ve already subscribed, you do not need to take action. You may unsubscribe at any time.)
- Social media is another way to receive updates from the district and schools. Click here to see North High’s directory and click here to see South High’s directory.
- Superintendent Dr. Hank Thiele will host monthly Lunchtime LIVE Zoom webinars for our community members. Join us to learn the latest district news and updates, and ask district leaders questions about the impact on student learning. The first webinar is this Wednesday, Aug. 26 at noon. Click here for the Zoom Webinar information.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions, suggestions or need assistance. We look forward to staying connected to you this year!