Message sent August 3, 2021:
Dear District 99 Community:
We have been preparing all summer long to welcome everyone back into our beautifully updated buildings next week, and we can’t wait to see everyone in person! Here are some important updates:
- The first day of school for students will be on Friday, August 13. We will follow a special schedule on this day, with 11th and 12th grade students attending from 8 to 11:25 a.m. and 9th and 10th grade students attending from 11 a.m. to 3:20 p.m. The schools will send bus information and detailed schedules out soon.
- Monday, August 16 will begin the first “9:20 Late Start” Monday, when students begin school at 9:20 a.m. Please note all dates listed on the calendar.
- On Tuesdays through Fridays, we will follow our traditional 8-period, in person, full day of instruction schedule, which is 8 a.m. to 3:20 p.m.
- Over 10% of students have not yet enrolled online. If you have not yet enrolled, . please do so immediately.
- District 99 will continue to follow the guidance of the health experts in order to keep our schools safe, while also prioritizing in-person learning:
- COVID-19 and the new Delta variant continue to present challenges. When our county is in “high” or “substantial” levels of transmission, everyone will be required to wear a mask inside our schools, regardless of vaccination status. View county data information. We will email you every Friday to let you know the transmission status and mask requirements for the following week.
- By following this universal mask protocol, we can reduce social distancing to 3 feet (from 6) and limit quarantine to 10 days (from 14).
- Note that protocols and restrictions may change.
We know that many students may not wear masks when with others outside of school. We also know that our schools are likely one of the only locations where they will be near thousands of people at a time indoors each day. By following these responsible protocols, we can maintain a safe environment when COVID is spreading rapidly.