The Office of Civil Rights requires we provide you our Notice of Nondiscrimination.
- District 99 does not discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race; color; creed; religion; national origin; sex; sexual orientation; age; ancestry; marital status; arrest record; military status; disability; or any other protected category set forth in Board Policy 5.10.
- District 99 has appointed Complaint Managers to ensure the district offers equal employment and educational opportunities and prohibits the harassment of employees, students and others.
- The policies related to discrimination and harassment can be found at the links below:
- If you have a concern or question about the district’s nondiscrimination policies, you are encouraged to contact one of the Complaint Managers identified on our website at http://www.csd99.org/nondiscrimination. Concerns about compliance with Section 504 regulations should be directed to the school’s 504 Coordinator.
- To file a complaint with the Office of Civil Rights, visit the website here.
- See http://www.csd99.org/academics for complete academic offerings and admission criteria.
- In accordance with the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act, District 99 provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.
In addition, District 99 is dedicated to creating a safe and welcoming environment for all students, staff, and visitors. Students or families should tell a trusted adult at the school about anything that seems dangerous or unusual. If you are uncomfortable reaching out directly, you can also use Anonymous Alerts to let the administration know of your concern. We take all reports seriously.
In order to maintain a safe environment, there are several things we want you to be aware of:
- School safety is an utmost priority at our schools. In most cases where school violence--including school shootings--have occurred, there were people who knew about the attacks before they took place. Many times it was a peer or friend who knew something “bad” was going to happen. It is important that anyone come forward if they hear of potential school violence - even when it is shared in a joking manner.
- We expect all staff and adult volunteers to maintain professional decorum in all student interactions and maintain appropriate boundaries with students. Adults should never be alone with students behind closed doors and out of sight of others or in a vehicle, use inappropriate language or tell inappropriate jokes, provide gifts to individual students or otherwise show favoritism to an individual student or group students, or become overly involved in a student’s personal life, and staff must use appropriate communication methods.
- Adult staff or volunteers are prohibited from participating in the following behaviors with any student: using social networking or digital tools to enter into inappropriate relationships; inappropriately touching a student; sexually harassing or engaging in sexual contact; exchanging explicit text messages or images; or establishing an emotional or transactional relationship with a current or former student to coerce a sexual relationship.
- Bullying, including cyberbullying, on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, national origin, military status, unfavorable discharge status from the military service, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender-related identity or expression, ancestry, age, religion, physical or mental disability, order of protection status, status of being homeless, or actual or potential marital or parental status, including pregnancy, association with a person or group with one or more of the above actual or perceived characteristics, or any other distinguishing characteristic is prohibited in a District 99 or related setting.
- District 99 seeks to create a setting that protects and enhances the physical, social, and emotional health of all students. Anyone experiencing concerns in these areas or with knowledge of another with concerns - especially those related to hunger, anxiety, depression, or suicide - should reach out to a trusted adult or contact us using the methods here.