Sent to all staff, students and families on February 26, 2020:
District 99 Message About Coronavirus
Dear District 99 Community,
We wanted to let you know that the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) has published guidance for schools throughout the state about coronavirus. To see the complete recommendations to schools from IDPH, please click here.
The health risk to the general public from coronavirus remains low. Currently, the IDPH recommends schools hold classes and events as usual, and follow their routine cleaning and disinfecting procedures. While no special measures are necessary, District 99 is letting in additional fresh outside air via our HVAC system in addition to our regular cleaning of door handles, desktops, computer keyboards, drinking fountains and telephone mouthpieces.
The IDPH also states that the best way to protect against coronavirus is by taking the same everyday measures to stay healthy. These include:
- Washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available,use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick.
- Staying home when you are sick.
- Covering your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Thank you for your support in keeping our school community safe and healthy,
Dr. Hank Thiele
District 99 Superintendent