In partnership with Chamber 630, District 99 students are provided with a unique opportunity through their workforce readiness program Attainable Futures. This program provides career exploration opportunities and enhances the skills necessary for students to enter the workforce. Students will learn directly from local employers.
Designed for sophomores, juniors, and seniors, four half-day sessions will begin in January and conclude in April 2020. While it is not required, students are encouraged to attend all four field trips. Transportation will be provided by District 99 and there is no cost to participate in this program. The dates and times of each field trip include:
- January 28: 9 a.m. - noon at College of DuPage
- February 25: 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. at Midwestern University
- March 24: 9 a.m. - noon at Universal Technical Institute
- April 28: 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. at PowerForward DuPage
Session topics include:
- Career exploration and goal setting
- Job applications and search methods
- Interview strategy and resume building
- Network with professionals
- Business etiquette
- Build social interaction skills
Deadline to apply is Friday, December 6, 2019.
- South High students: Click here to apply via Google Form.
- North High students: Click here to apply via Google Form.
Accepted applicants will be notified via mailed letter from Chamber 630 by the end of December or early January 2020.
For more information, contact South High College & Career Counselor Lavon Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the College & Career Center.
For more information, contact North High College & Career Administrative Assistant Hannah Green email@example.com or visit the College & Career Center.