January 31, 2023 -- Downers Grove, Ill – South High School will induct three new members into the Athletic Hall of Fame. The ceremony will take place Saturday, February 4, 2023. The induction ceremony will begin at 4 p.m., ahead of the Boy’s Varsity Basketball game.
The 2023 South High Athletic Hall of Fame inductees include:
Mike McCormack - Class of 2005 - Boys’ Soccer
- 1st Team All-State – Chicago Tribune 2004
- 2nd Team All-Area – Chicago Sun-Times 2004
- 1st Team All-Area – Daily Herald 2004
- Reporter-Progress Player of the Year 2004
- Named MVP of 2004 State Finals and Athlete of the Week by Chicago Tribune
- All-Conference - West Suburban Conference-Gold 2003/2004
- Featured player on the Chicago Tribune’s All-State 1st team
- Played D1 soccer at the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay
Tori Franklin - Class of 2011 - Track and Field
- Illinois High School State Champion
- Five-time Big Ten Field Athlete of the Seek
- Current MSU Indoor and Outdoor Triple Jump Record Holder
- Current MSU Indoor and Outdoor 4×400 Meter Relay Record Holder
- Current BIG Ten Indoor Triple Jump Record Holder
- Two-Time Big Ten Conference Indoor Champion
- NCAA Great Lakes Region Field Athlete of the Year.
- 2018 - second gold medal at the United States Indoor Championships
- 2022 - First American woman to ever medal in the triple jump at a World Athletics Championships
- Currently ranked #3 in the world and actively training for the next World Championships & 2024 Olympics
The 2013 Boys' Volleyball Team was seeded 5th in a very tough sectional heading into the IHSA State Series. The Mustangs upset the #4 seed, Glenbard West, to win the Regional Title. They then went on to defeat the number #2 seed, Neuqua Valley, to win the Sectional Title and entered the IHSA Elite 8. During the state-run, the Mustangs defeated Deerfield in three sets to advance to the Final Four. On day 2, the Mustangs defeated St Charles North in straight sets to play for the State Championship. Saving the best for last, the Mustangs defeated Lincoln-Way North in straight sets to become the 2013 Boys Volleyball State Champions. Team Captains for the Mustangs included Austin Adank, David Demarco, and Nick Timreck. The Mustangs finished the season with a record of 31-10.
For more information about the South High Athletic Hall of Fame and the induction ceremony, contact Athletic Director Thomas Freyer at email@example.com or 630-795-8507.