Eleven students from South High School earned national recognition for their excellent performance on the 2022 National Spanish Examinations.
Congratulations to the following students:
- Oro (Gold) Medalist: Luca Veriotti
- Plata (Silver) Medalist: Timothy Neumann
- Bronce (Bronze) Medalists: Ashley Reynolds and Emilia Swierzb
- Oro (Gold) Medalists: Melissa Pérez, bilingual; and Chase Tomecki
- Plata (Silver) Medalists: Brenda Pérez, bilingual; and Margaret Stanley
- Bronce (Bronze) Medalists: Abigail Culcasi, Emily Mordaunt and Ted Dulles
Additionally, two DGS students earned top honors in the Chicago Area Chapter of AATSP National Spanish Exam out of 400 students. Luca Veriotti earned third place in Level Five and Chase Tomecki earned fourth place in Level Four.
Students from DGS have a history of high achievement on these exams and were taught by Spanish teachers Robert Topor, Diana Boukal and Joyce McElroy.
More than 60,000 students participated in the National Spanish Examinations from grades 6-12. The exam is sponsored by the American Association of Teachers of Spanish and Portuguese (AATSP). Learn more on the AATSP website.