From Mr. Ed Schwartz, Principal
I hope that this message finds you well and gearing up for the 2021-2022 school year. It was great to welcome the Class of 2025 to South High School at the Mustang Mad Dash on Saturday. It was also great to see so many students at the “Student Open House” on Monday. Seeing students in the building has me excited for the new school year.
As a reminder, the school year begins for students on Friday, August 13, 2021. If a reminder is needed, please refer to the information that was sent out regarding the start of the year.
Besides the start of the year, August is filled with other amazing events and great opportunities.
- Our friends at grit2 are hosting an event for parents TONIGHT from 6:30-7:30 p.m. “Supporting Your Teen’s Mental Health” will feature Stacey Patterson and will be held via Zoom.
- On Thursday evening, August 12, District 99 will host “Adapt and Elevate” with Michael Bonner. The presentation will begin at 6 p.m. on the Main Stage at the South High Performing Arts Center. Read more about it.
- Underclassmen yearbook and ID photos will be taken on August 16 and 17. Photo packages can be pre-ordered online at mylifetouch.com. Use picture day ID: EVTW4VFKV. All Juniors, Sophomores and Freshmen will be scheduled during their ENGLISH class. Pictures will be mailed to your home address on file once they are ready.
- The annual Curriculum Night for parents and guardians will be held on Thursday, August 26. We will send out details as the date nears.
- Friday, August 27 is a 1:30 p.m dismissal day.
As always, please feel free to call or email me with any questions or concerns. I can be reached at 630-795-8511 or at firstname.lastname@example.org; students are welcome to email me, talk to me in the hallway, or stop by the main office.
Look for the video format to return next month. Let’s get the school year off to a great start!