We hope that you and your families are doing well! We know that this time is full of questions, and that it is a strange time for your child to be starting their high school years. However, we want to make sure we can welcome them to DGS with some fun and excitement, even if it looks different than in previous years!
As you may have guessed, we are unable to have a typical Mad Dash event this year because of the need for social distancing. So, instead, we will be holding a Mad Dash Drive-Thru event on Saturday, August 8 from 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm. There is no registration for the event, and it is completely free of charge. Here are the logistics of the event:
- Time you are invited (by student last name):
- 3:00-3:30 A-D
- 3:30-4:00 E-I
- 4:00-4:30 J-M
- 4:30-5:00 N-Q
- 5:00-5:30 R-U
- 5:30-6:00 V-Z
- During your assigned time, you will drive your freshman student to the school, entering the bus lot from Dunham Rd. You can bring other family members in the car if you would like, but everyone must remain in the vehicle.
- You will drive to the first station, where your freshman will receive a DGS t-shirt and goodie bag.
- You can then drive to the selfie station, where your freshman (no other family members) can get out and the student leaders will help them take a photo with the Mustang.
- Finally, you will drive to the student parking lot, where your freshman (no other family members) can get out and play a couple of quick, fun games with the student leaders.
This drive-thru event will take you about 10 minutes, but it’s a fun way that we want to welcome your freshman to DGS! After you get home, your freshman should check their email for a virtual Mad Dash experience. We will share a Google Site with them, where they can watch an inspirational welcome video, and skits that were created by student leaders, as well as access a Google Form that they can fill out to ask questions about high school, which will be answered by our student leaders.
We wish we could offer a regular Mad Dash this year, but we hope that this drive-thru and virtual event will be fun, interactive, and help your child feel welcome at DGS! We can’t wait to meet them! Please contact Diana Benoist at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.