South High students took the optional National French Contest “Le Grand Concours” this spring and earned recognition for their performance. Twenty-nine students from South High participated in the exam and 14 earned recognitions.
- French I Mention d'honneur: Victoria Del Carmen, Othman Jubran, Madeline Sutton
- French I Bronze Medal: Yara Jubran
- French II Mention d'honneur: Elizabeth Culcasi, Julia Frauendorff, Nicole Garduno, Beatrice Ramos, Lauren Thomas, Noella Ukpe-Roberts
- French II Bronze Medals: Isabella Blauzdys, Nonoko Momozaki
- French IV Silver Medal: Diana Kwak -- A silver medal accounts for scoring in the 90th percentile of all students across the country for this level of test.
- French V Mention d'honneur: Karin Schroeder
“Despite the school shutdown, the students stayed motivated to participate in the contest from home.” South High French Teacher Sophia Reuillon said. “I am incredibly proud of these students for taking the initiative to compete in this contest with French students nationwide.”