FINAL EXAMINATION SCHEDULE:
Monday, December 16
Student Help Morning
First period begins at 9:20 a.m.
Wednesday, December 18
8:00 - 9:30 a.m. - 1st period exam
9:45 - 11:15 a.m. - 2nd period exam
11:30 a.m. -1:00 p.m. - 4th period exam
Thursday, December 19
8:00 - 9:30 a.m. - 7th period exam
9:45 - 11:15 a.m. - 8th period exam
11:30 a.m. -1:00 p.m. - 6th period exam
Friday, December 20
8:00 - 9:30 a.m. - 3rd period exam
9:45 - 11:15 a.m. - 5th period exam
11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. - Student make-up exams
On Monday, Dec. 16, DGS will be running both the late arrival bus routes and the regular bus routes to help students get to school early for academic help. On Wednesday-Friday, buses will depart after the last scheduled final exam period each day (there is no bus service after the make-up exam time on Friday). If they have a free period (lunch, resource, study hall), students can study in the cafeteria or the library. If the free period is at the end of the day, students are free to go home. As always, once students leave campus, they cannot return. While full lunch service is not available during final exam days, food service is available as follows:
- Breakfast and Snack service - 7:15 a.m. - 7:50 a.m. all three days
- Light lunch items 10:00 a.m. - 11:45 a.m. Wednesday and Thursday only
Student Reminders Regarding Semester Exams
- We do not have an open campus during semester exams. Students are not able to leave and return if they do not have a final during the middle period of the day.
- If you do not have an exam during the 1st exam period of the day, and you do not need bus transportation, you may arrive during the passing period before your first exam.
- If you do not have an exam during the last period of the day, and you do not need bus transportation, you should leave the building and the school grounds for the day. You may not leave the building and then return to school to take a bus home.
- If you have an open period and you are in the building, please report to one of the following locations:
- Cafeteria – social space
- Library – quiet study area (if no classes are scheduled)
- Math Resource Center – to get assistance and work quietly
- World Language Resource Center – to get assistance and work quietly 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th only