Senior Information- Class of 2021
On Friday, May 21, we will hold the graduation ceremony for the Class of 2021. The DGS ceremony will be streamed live:
- Click HERE to view the 5 p.m. South High ceremony
- Click HERE for candid photos
- Individual Pictures will be available for purchase at Events.Lifetouch.com approximately 10 days after the graduation ceremony
The Commencement Ceremony for the class of 2021 will be held in the stadium beginning at 5:00 p.m. Access to the campus will be open for spectators with tickets at 3:50 p.m. with gates opening at 4:00 p.m. When waiting in line and finding your seat, please maintain social distancing between families to the greatest extent possible. Also, please be sure to wear your mask properly (over nose and mouth) at all times when on school property. While the CDC has relaxed mask guidelines for fully vaccinated individuals, masks currently continue to be required in some settings (e.g., healthcare, congregate, schools, and public transportation) regardless of vaccination status. We thank you in advance for your respect and cooperation.
- Only those with a ticket will be allowed in the stadium. Seating is available in both sets of bleachers. Please maintain social distancing between families to the greatest extent possible.
- A limited number of seats are available on the track for those whose physical needs find traversing the bleachers difficult. There is ADA seating available in the bleachers as well.
- So as to not impede sightlines, balloons, umbrellas and/or signage will not be allowed into the stadium.
- Graduates will follow a recessional back to the building at the conclusion of the ceremony where they will receive their temporary files and diploma.
- Spectators should remain in their seats until all graduates have exited the stadium.
- There is limited handicap parking available in the lot at the Administrative Service Center on the Northwest corner of campus (north of the stadium).
Other reminders for our graduates and their families.
- Graduates should plan to arrive at South High and meet on the East field no later than 4:10 p.m. Only the South High graduates will be permitted onto that field.
- Students were reminded that commencement is a dignified ceremony. It is important to dress in a manner consistent with the tradition of dignity on this occasion. This includes the wearing of shirts with collars and ties, dress shoes, dress slacks, and/or skirts or dresses. Please note that the wearing of heels is prohibited in the stadium in order to protect the turf. Wedges are appropriate and permitted. Gowns should have a clean look, including caps free of decorations. Because the tassel, stole, and cord are the ways in which we recognize academic achievement, only those items can be part of graduation attire. Students with questions regarding dress attire, or needing assistance meeting this standard, should contact Mrs. Martinez.
- Graduates have been encouraged to arrange a place to meet family and friends following the ceremony. Families may want to stay in the stadium and have the graduates return there as it would be a good place for photo opportunities with the stage, etc.
- Lifetouch, our official commencement photographer, will have portraits available online at Events.Lifetouch.com approximately ten days after the ceremony. Celebrate your achievement with these professional portraits.
- For those unable to attend the ceremony, it will be streamed live on-line. This has been linked on the South High homepage and is available here.
- Finally, we encourage all family members to travel together to school as parking will be extremely limited due to the number of people attending.
Congratulations to members of the Class of 2021!
May 14, 2021 DGS Pincipal Update Important Senior Information
May 6, 2021 DGS Pincipal Update Important Senior Information
Key dates for Seniors:
Mandatory Graduation Rehearsal : Thursday, May 20, 2021 at 2:00 PM in the Stadium
Graduating seniors should not plan to arrive on campus that day until after 1:40 pm so that busses have an opportunity to depart with the rest of the students. Graduates should report to the stadium and sit in their assigned seat on the stadium field. Those exact seat locations will be shared as we get closer to the date. At the conclusion of the graduation rehearsal, each student will receive their tickets to the ceremony.
Graduation: Friday, May 21, 2021 (rain dates May 22 & 23)
Friday 5/21 at 5:00 PM in the DGS Stadium- 4 tickets per graduate (tickets will be handed out at rehearsal) Gates open at 4pm
Tentative rain date Saturday 5/22 at either 10:00 AM or 4:00 PM.
Second tentative rain date Sunday 5/23 at 1:00 PM
Each student is issued four tickets for the graduation ceremony. While we wish we could distribute more, current safety guidelines only allow us to accommodate two family members for each graduate. A livestream will be available online for those who are unable to attend. Please know that we are unable to replace lost or stolen tickets.
Graduation is a formal event; as such, we strongly recommend that students dress in formal attire beneath their gown. Because graduation will take place on the artificial turf surface on the football field, pointed heels are not allowed. Students are encouraged to wear flats or wedged heels to protect the turf.
It’s important that graduates understand that they cannot make any changes to their graduation regalia. We do not allow students to decorate the tops of their graduation caps, or wear any pins, tassels, cords, or stoles other than what is distributed at this event. Feel free to reach out to Mrs. Martinez with any questions.
Lifetouch, our official commencement photographer, will be at our ceremony taking pictures of each graduate. Pictures will be available online at Events.Lifetouch.com approximately 10 days after the graduation ceremony
Distribution for Caps & Gowns: If you haven't ordered yet, please do so TODAY to ensure on time delivery. Please order HERE
- Distribution was 4/20 & 4/21. If you were unable to pick up on those dates, please visit the community room located off the cafeteria to pick up your cap & gown in the student activities office on school days between 7:30 AM and 4 PM.
- To order extra tassels please visit www.getgradstuff.com
Senior Awards Night : Wednesday, April 28, 2021 at 7:00PM in the South High gymnasium.
- To view a recording of the ceremony, please click HERE.
- To view a copy of the program, please click HERE.
Prom: Tuesday, May 18, 2021 at Bolingbrook Golf Club- Ticket sales begin 4/21 at 4:00 PM...click HERE
- When: Tuesday, May 18, 2021
Where: Bolingbrook Golf Club
Time: 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM (Note: if rain, 5:00-7:30 or 8:30-11:00)
Meal: Information about the meal & safety guidelines Click Here
- For detailed Prom information, please click here.
Quarantine and Close Contacts
As seniors plan for end of the year events, questions have surfaced about close contacts and required quarantine. Please click HERE to review the close contact protocols shared from the District.
Cap & Gown Information
To participate in graduation, it is required to wear our navy cap, gown stole & tassel. Please order HERE before January 1, 2021. If a sibling recently graduated and wore a navy cap and gown, please know that your senior can wear the sibling’s cap & gown. You will just need to place an order for a stole and tassel only by calling Jostens at 630-963-3500.
If you are unable to purchase a graduation cap and gown due to financial hardship, please email Mrs.Mary Wiley for more information.
Senior Shirt Information
If you haven't purchased your senior shirt yet, please come to C149 (student activities office) or call (630-795-8518) or email Mrs. Wiley to schedule a time to purchase it. Cost is currently $5...check out the picture HERE
Senior Week Information (November 2nd through November 6th)
Be sure to get involved in Senior Week November 2nd - 6th and order your cap & gown! We encourage everyone to purchase their caps & gowns during Senior Week because prices go up after the first of the new year. (Click here for our Senior Class Board Senior Week Promo Video)
Each day, we will recognize seniors on DGS Instagram & Twitter that have ordered their caps & gowns. (Submit a photo here.) Plus, students that have ordered their cap & gown will be put into a raffle to be eligible for prizes. Raffle winners should expect a visit from Flat Marty and their Senior Class Board sponsors during lunch! It will be a lot of fun!
You can also share a video (90 seconds or less) that will be used in a special Senior Video at the end of the year. The video can talk about your favorite moments at DGS, what your aspirations are after DGS, or simply what it means to be a senior at DGS graduating in the spring of 2021. Let’s keep the videos positive & optimistic like our Mustang spirit always is while adhering to the safety guidelines.You can submit your 90 second videos here.
Deadline to order the yearbook is 2/26/2021. You can order through the Webstore using your HAC account. Cost of the yearbooks are $45. For instructions on using the webstore, click HERE.
Senior Section of Yearbook: Seniors can fill out this Google From to provide quotes and senior-specific photos for the senior portrait section of the book!
Choose your senior portrait through Prestige! You can do this at prestigeportraits.com. If you have questions, please contact Prestige Portraits at 630-910-6800 option 5. Click here to view the Prestige Letter. Yearbook-only sittings are free of charge.
Senior Baby Picture Submission: Deadline Extended to November 6th
This year all baby photos will need to be submitted digitally. Hard copies will not be accepted. Baby photos can be emailed to email@example.com . Photo files should be saved as jpegs and named with the student’s full last name , full first name (ex: Robinson, Kenneth) The email subject line should read “Senior baby picture of [student’s name].” This year, there will be no cost for baby photos. The last day to submit Senior baby photos will be November 6th. Senior baby picture space is limited, so photos will be accepted on a first come, first served basis. See PDF for full details.
Senior Recognition Ad Information:
This is a special time in your senior student’s life, and you can make it even more special by commemorating it with a senior recognition ad to be published in the 2020-2021 DGS yearbook! Ads are available in a variety of sizes and prices. All senior ads will be created by YOU and purchased at jostens.com/yearbookads. Please see Senior Ads PDF for further information on how to do this.
⅛ of a page: $35.00 ¼ of a page: $70.00 Deadline is 2/1/2021