Senior Event Information
UPDATE: Commencement for the class of 2022 will be held in the stadium on Sunday, May 22, 2022 at 1:00 p.m. More details can be found here.
Graduation Rehearsal: Thursday, May 19
Mandatory Graduation rehearsal will be held Thursday, May 19 at 1:30 p.m. in the stadium.
- Graduating seniors should not plan to arrive on campus that day until after 1:15 p.m. Graduates should report to the stadium and sit in their assigned seat on the stadium field. Prior to the graduation rehearsal, each student will receive an email that supplies their exact seat location.
- Exit with Pride, the senior class barbeque, will be held immediately after the graduation rehearsal.
Commencement Ceremony: Friday, May 20 (rain date May 21 or 22)
The graduation ceremony will be held on Friday, May 20 at 5 p.m. in the DGS Stadium. Given the ceremony will be held outside, and given the current lack of Covid-related restrictions, tickets will not be required for the ceremony. A determination will be made by Friday at 1:00PM.
- tentative rain date Saturday, May 21 at either 10 a.m. or 4 p.m.
- second day tentative rain date Sunday, May 22 at 1 p.m.
Below is a list of details about our ceremony.
- The ceremony will be streamed live on our School YouTube Channel.
- Commencement is a dignified ceremony. It is important to dress in a manner consistent with the tradition of dignity on this occasion. This includes the wearing of shirts with collars and ties, dress shoes, dress slacks, and/or skirts or dresses. Please note that the wearing of heels is prohibited in the stadium in order to protect the turf. Wedges are appropriate and permitted. Gowns should have a clean look, including caps free of decorations. Because the tassel, stole and cord are the ways in which we recognize academic achievement, only those items can be part of graduation attire. Students with questions regarding dress attire, or needing assistance meeting this standard, should contact Mrs. Martinez.
- Lifetouch, our official commencement photographer, will have portraits available online at Events.lifetouch.com approximately ten days after the ceremony. Celebrate your achievement with these professional portraits.
- Please note: we require family members and friends to remain in their seats during the ceremony. So as not to impede sightlines, balloons and/or signage will not be allowed. Additionally, noisemakers are prohibited.
- The commencement ceremony is an opportunity for us to honor you, the graduate. To that end, it is important that we try to pronounce your name correctly. If you are concerned that the reader may have trouble pronouncing your name, please use this Google Form to provide phonetic pronunciation, and/or submit an audio recording of you speaking your name. While this system is not perfect, it does contribute to ensuring a dignified ceremony.
- Graduates will receive a diploma cover during the ceremony and will pick up their actual diploma and student records following the ceremony. Details will be provided at rehearsal.
Cap and Gown Distribution: Tuesday, April 26
Students who ordered their cap and gown will pick them up in the West Events Entrance during their assigned lunch period on Tuesday, April 26. If a student is unable to pick up their cap and gown on April 26, they should stop by student activities after April 26 to pick up their graduation regalia in the Student Activities office C151A.
Do you still need to order your cap & gown? Place your order or call Jostens at 630-963-3500
Senior Awards Night: Wednesday, May 4
The Senior Awards Ceremony will be held on Wednesday, May 4 at 7 p.m. on the Main Stage. This is an annual program designed to honor those seniors who have excelled. Representatives from the community and the South High staff will present awards. Honors vary from a mention in the program and standing recognition to certificates, plaques, medals, and scholarships. Students receiving an award will receive an invitation in late April. Participating seniors should wear their caps and gowns and sit in the front rows (reserved) of the Auditorium.
Spring Art Exhibit: May 5-8
The spring art exhibit will be on display from May 5-8. This exhibit, held in the classroom addition adjacent to the art classrooms, showcases the work of our art students throughout the year.
Final Day of School for Seniors: Friday, May 13
The last day of attendance for seniors is Friday, May 13. Seniors earning a letter grade of C or better in a class may be exempt from taking the cumulative final in that course (if a cumulative exam is being given). Because of the timing, any final exams given will be administered during regular class time and days.
Returning Items: Any textbooks should be returned to the teacher in the classroom. If you have any library books, please return those directly to the library. Your Chromebook is yours to keep. However, you remain responsible for returning any Chromebook loaners, wifi hotspots, and/or charging cords that have been loaned to you. If you do not want to keep your Chromebook, please return it, and any extra equipment to the IT help desk.
Note the following important information about your email, Google Drive, and network access: On or around June 13, 2022, your CSD99 Google account (the Google account that you access using your District 99 email address and drive) will all become inactive. Please take a minute to back up any files that you would like to keep and change your email in software applications that you still may be using (for example, Naviance). Additionally, if you want to save any materials from your CSD99 Google account (example: Google Drive), use Google Takeout which is linked here. As a resource here is a blog post that explains the process, along with a step by step video linked here.
Yearbook Distribution: May 11-12
Students who pre-purchased a yearbook on or prior to April 29 can pick them up after school on Wednesday, May 11 or before school on Thursday, May 12 in the community room. The community room is the large meeting space right off of the cafeteria.
Can't remember if you ordered? Check THIS LIST.
Prom: Tuesday, May 17
Prom will be held on Tuesday, May 17 at the Bolingbrook Golf Club from 6-10:30 p.m.
PROM INFO SHEET
- Guest forms are available in the attendance office and the bookstore.They are due on 4/22. A guest form must be completed for all outside guests as well as any non-senior DGS student (underclassmen). All approved guests will receive a code to purchase tickets through GoFan.
- Ticket Sales will be 4/22-4/29 via GoFan HERE. Your STUDENT ID is the PROMO code. Approved Guests should use their unique code.
- Seating Selection will begin using SIGN UP GENIUS on Monday, May 3rd and end on Friday, May 6th. Check your email for the LINK