Welcome to Downers Grove North High School!
Transferring to a new high school can bring challenges and opportunities for many students. Depending on the reasons you may be transferring to DGN, we have many students and staff members dedicated to supporting you in your transition to DGN. The first step is for the student and parents/guardians to follow the steps below and then complete the DGN Transfer Student Form.
Step 1: Verify your residence where you are living or will be living by checking our District 99 maps and boundaries to ensure your address is within the District 99 - North High School attendance boundaries. Click here to review our maps and boundaries page.
Step 2: If your address is within the Downers Grove North High School attendance boundary, you are required to bring original residency documents from Category A and Category B to your Registrar appointment which are outlined below.
Category A (one document showing your current District 99 address)
- Real estate tax bill
- Mortgage statement/Closing contract
- Signed lease (with a contact phone number for the leasing agent)
- Agreement of sale
Category B (two documents showing a current District 99 address)
- Driver’s license (showing your new District 99 address)
- Home/apartment insurance
- Public aid card
- Utility bill within the past 2 months (excluding phone or cable)
- Current dated bank statement or current dated payroll stub
If the student’s family is not the owner/lessee of the District 99 address, additional forms may be obtained from the registrar and are required. Please note: If are homeless as defined by The McKinney-Vento Act, contact the DGN Registrar after you have completed this Registration Form to learn about other supports available for your student.
Step 3: Additional Documentation - In addition to required residency documents, additional documentation needs to be gathered from the student's previous school. To begin with, you must inform the current school of your intent to leave and complete their withdrawal process. It is your responsibility to request transfer records.
1. ISBE Student in Good Standing transfer form from Illinois schools or Letter of Good Standing on school letterhead from private or out-of-state schools.
2. Unofficial transcript for current high school students.
7th and 8th grade report cards for incoming freshmen.
3. A State of Illinois Certificate of Child Health Examination including immunizations with the physician’s signature and address. A printout of immunizations does not meet this requirement.
Incoming freshmen: a physical is required before the first day of school.
Out-of-state transfers: immunizations must be provided, and an Illinois physical will be required within a certain time frame.
4. Current class schedule and grades in progress if transfer is occurring during the school year.
5. Current IEP for any student receiving Special Services at their previous school.
Please note: All students new to North High School are required to take Math and English assessment tests prior to the registration appointment with his or her counselor. Assessment testing will be scheduled when all necessary enrollment documents have been received by the registrar. In the event that your student does not appear for the scheduled test appointment, the registration appointment will be forfeited and rescheduled.
Step 4: Complete the DGN Transfer Student Form. Once the form is completed, contact the DGN Registrar at 630-795-8425 or email@example.com to schedule a registration appointment. To prepare for the registration appointment, the following documents are required:
What Comes After My Registration Appointment?
In addition to meeting with the registrar, there are a few more steps in the process to finalize your transition to DGN.
- We want to make sure you are in the correct classes. Your DGN School Counselor will work with our department chairs to ensure you are enrolled in classes that meet graduation requirements.
- Meet with your DGN School Counselor to select your courses, create your schedule, and share other important information to support you in your transfer to DGN.
- Within the first couple of weeks, a staff member from DGN CSSS will meet with you to see how the transition is going for you.
- After your first four weeks (or sooner if you need to), your school counselor will meet with you.
- Get involved! Find a club or activity on our DGN Student Activities page.
Specific situations may require further documentation to determine the residential custodian of the student based on care or custody agreements. Please be prepared to share such documents if requested.
Below are links to other forms you will receive during the registration process. You are encouraged to print these ahead of time and bring in when you meet with the registrar.
- Release of Student Records
- IHSA Form