Your Senior Year
Commitment - Taking Action to Make it Happen
- Enroll in a solid academic course load. Take Honors and AP classes when possible.
- Realize that attendance and tardies still matter. Colleges and future employers will often evaluate your commitment and dedication based on number of absences as well as grades.
- Check credits for graduation.
- Retake the ACT in September or October, if necessary.
- Be ready to apply to 3-6 colleges no later than November.
- Submit college applications a minimum of two weeks in advance of deadlines. Make copies of all application materials for your records.
- Attend presentations made by visiting college representatives in the College & Career Center. Take time to talk with representatives, particularly from colleges where you plan to apply.
- Re-visit or visit colleges as needed. Do not make a college decision without first visiting the campus.
- Complete FAFSA forms after January 1st, preferably no later than February 15th.
- Students planning on joining the military must take an ASVAB test.
- Research scholarship opportunities. Apply for scholarships.
- By May 1st, make your final college choice and give an admission deposit to the one school you will attend. Decline in writing the offers from all other schools.
- Complete the appropriate paperwork for your chosen school--housing, extra financial aid forms, etc.
- Write thank you notes to individuals who wrote letters of recommendation for you.
- Finish your senior year with the same commitment you have shown in previous years.
Grade Level Parent Programs
2021 Open House Presentation
2021-22 Senior Calendar Coming Soon
September 7 - 10, 2021: Senior Discover You
January 13, 2022: Conquering College Costs
6:30 p.m. Auditorium
TBD: Cap & Gown Distribution
2:30 p.m. Auditorium Lobby
TBD: Senior Awards
7:00 p.m. Auditorium
TBD: Panoramic Picture & Graduation Practice
TBD: Senior Prom
May 20, 2022: Graduation