Your Junior Year
Choices - Considering Your Options
- Enroll in a solid academic course load. Take Honors and AP classes when possible.
- Keep your grades up; junior year is important.
- Attendance and tardies do matter. Strive to be to school and class on time.
- Take the PSAT/NMSQT in October.
- Continue your involvement in volunteer and extracurricular activities. Apply/run for leadership positions.
- Check the postings regarding college representative visits in the College and Career Center and attend presentations throughout the fall and winter.
- Prepare for ACT and SAT on your own or by enrolling in a test preparation course.
- Review your transcript thoroughly.
- Attend College & Career Planning Night in February with your parents/guardians.
- Utilize the Family Connection Program to begin your college search/research.
- Research colleges and plan college visits.
- Attend local college nights in the spring.
- Take the ACT (April) and/or SAT (May) in the spring.
Grade Level Parent Programs
September 9, 2021: College Financial Aid Q&A
7:00 DGS Auditorium
November 15 - 19, 2021: Junior Discover You
December 9, 2021: Advisement Day
January 13, 2022: Conquering College Costs
6:30 p.m. Auditorium
January 10 - 14, 2022: Course Registration for 2022-2023 school year
March 15, 2022: College and Career Planning Night
March 14 - 18, 2022: Junior Discover You Session #2
Students chose activities from the following handouts:
- Researching Majors and Careers
- Researching 4-Year Colleges (College Data Collection & Instructions)
- Exploring College of DuPage