DGN Snowball 2020-21
We are looking forward to offering our Snowball program for the 2020-21 school year! DGN Snowball activities will include small group team-building, skits & monologues, leadership experiences, and Cross the Line! Virtual activities will take place monthly from December 2020 to April 2021, including two in person activities if safety allows as determined by the district. Each activity will include time with small groups.
DGN Snowball Activities 2020-21
|Thursday, Dec. 3||7-8:30pm||Virtual Small Group Introductions|
|Saturday, Dec. 5||2-4pm||*NOW VIRTUAL - Opening Speaker & Small Groups
CLICK HERE TO REVIEW MORE DETAILS REGARDING DRIVE THRU MATERIALS PICK UP FROM 10-NOON
|Thursday, Jan. 14||7-8:30pm||Virtual Team-Building & Group #3|
|Thursday, Feb. 18||7-8:30pm||Virtual Workshops & Small Group #4
|Thursday, March 18||7-8:30pm||Virtual Skits/Monologues & Small Group #5|
|Saturday, April 24||1:30-4pm||**In-Person - Leadership Activities, Cross the Line Activity, & Small Group #6 CLICK HERE TO REVIEW MORE DETAILS|
*The speaker will present virtually. The presentation and smalls groups will be held in classrooms. This in-person event is subject to change based on county metrics and safety considerations determined by the district. If this event becomes virtual we will host a small group, drive-thru pick up for materials that morning.
**(Rain Date, Sunday, April 25) This in-person event is subject to change based on weather, county metrics, and safety considerations determined by the district.
- Our goal for Snowball this year is to mirror as much as possible the activities and small group experience of an actual Snowball retreat.
- Students who register for Snowball will be assigned to a small group with student leaders who plan and facilitate all activities, discussion and team-building. Participants will stay a part of this small group for all activities. When needed, a DGN staff member will also be in each small group as a participant just like at a Snowball retreat.
- We wish we could host Snowball in person like we normally do! In most cases it’s not possible to safely meet in person in groups and it would lessen the number of students who could be in Snowball. Our goal is to have an in-person element at our first and last activity, as safety allows.
- Once our limited spots are filled or registration is closed, no students can be added to small groups. We are limited to a maximum of 112 participants.
- The fee for Snowball this year is $30. Unfortunately, we can not issue refunds for any reason including schedule conflicts, schedule changes, illness, or missed activities.
- If you have a schedule conflict for one date/activity and cannot attend, or if you would prefer not to attend an in-person event that does not exclude you for signing up for Snowball.
- Families are encouraged to contact Snowball sponsor Keith Bullock email@example.com with questions or for help with financial assistance.
Meet Your Snowball Sponsors!
Kevin Leslie, Counselor - firstname.lastname@example.org
Dawn Sprengel, Special Services Teacher, TECH SUPPORT CONTACT - email@example.com - Google Voice Number (call or text) 331-251-1082
Keith Bullock, Student Assistance Program Coordinator - firstname.lastname@example.org - Google Voice Number (call or text) 630-286-9287
Brian Kittinger, Social Worker - email@example.com
Greg Stolzer, Counselor - firstname.lastname@example.org