Health and Safety Protocols
District 99 Requirements per the CDC:
- Notify the school if your student tests positive for COVID-19:
- call attendance OR use Home Access Center (please write in the “comment” section that the student is Positive for COVID-19.)
- A nurse will call you to gather more information, identify the date of return, and will connect you with a student success coordinator that will assist your student with missing class and schoolwork.
- Isolate for 5 full days after onset of symptoms or positive test, whichever is earlier.
- Your student may return to activities and school on day 6, if they no longer have fever, vomiting, or diarrhea for a full 24 hours prior to returning, and are otherwise improving.
- It is requested that your student mask on days 6-10 of their illness upon return to school.
- District 99 staff will no longer be contact tracing and quarantining individuals exposed to positive cases.
- Masks are required in the school health office.
- If a nurse assesses that your child has symptoms of COVID-19 while in school, they will request the student go home and be tested for COVID-19, and offer a free BinaxNow test to send home with your student.
CDC RECOMMENDATIONS FOR LOW, MEDIUM, AND HIGH TRANSMISSION OF COVID-19
At all COVID-19 Community Levels:
- Stay up to date on vaccination, including recommended booster doses.
- Maintain ventilation improvements.
- Avoid contact with people who have suspected or confirmed COVID-19.
- Follow recommendations for isolation if you have suspected or confirmed COVID-19.
- Follow the recommendations for what to do if you are exposed to someone with COVID-19.
- If you are at high risk of getting very sick, talk with a healthcare provider about additional prevention actions.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.