All Members of the DGS Class of 2023 and transfer students are invited!
Saturday, August 10, 2019 from 2:30-9:00 pm
At Downers Grove South High School
The Mustang Mad Dash is a great way to learn about DGS! Freshmen and transfer students are placed in small groups of approximately 10 students with two or three leaders who are sophomores, juniors and seniors. Throughout the evening, students will:
• listen to inspirational key-note speakers
• attend workshops about Student Activities, Athletics, and DGS traditions
• learn about how to have a successful freshman year
• view student-created skits about common issues they’ll face in high school
• take a general tour of the building (note: they will not have time to tour their own personal class schedules)
• ask questions and get advice from upperclassmen and make new friends
• have pizza dinner, served at approximately 5:30 pm
• participate in a dance with a DJ, open gym, and inflatable games
Participants will receive their official Mustang Mad Dash T-Shirt during the event. Appropriate casual school dress is required.
Participants must arrive at the West Events Entrance between 2:15 and 2:30 pm. They are expected to arrive on time and stay for the entire event. Entry to the event is prohibited after 4:00 pm. Parents must come into the school and sign their student out if they choose to leave early. Students must be picked up at the West Events Entrance promptly at 9:00 pm.
We are happy to accommodate for students with special needs. Please contact us before the event if your student has any special needs or circumstances. If a student has dietary restrictions, they are welcome to bring their own dinner.
Parents are invited to attend a question-and-answer session from 8:30-9:00 pm in the auditorium. During this session, parents will learn what their student experienced during the Mad Dash as well as have an opportunity to ask the student-leaders any questions they have about having a successful transition to DGS.
Cost: $30.00 (includes t-shirt & dinner)
Advanced online registration deadline: August 6, 2019
(Walk-in registration will be available on Aug. 10 for $35 cash or check only at the door)
Registration & Payment Instructions
• All registration is done online through D99 Web Store.
• If you already have an account, you can login to the D99 Web Store here: https://csd99.revtrak.net/
• If you do not already have an account, you’ll need to create one. You’ll use this same system for school registration and fee payment
• From the main D99 Web Store Page (https://csd99.revtrak.net/) Select “student activities,” then “events,” then “Mad Dash, 2019.” Or, click here.
• No refunds will be issued if students do not attend the event
If you have questions, contact Diana Benoist at email@example.com