The Commencement Ceremony for the class of 2019 will be held in the gymnasium beginning at 5:00 p.m. Access to the campus will be open for spectators at 3:45 p.m. with doors opening at 4:00 p.m. We offer a few reminders for our graduates and their families:
- Graduates should plan to arrive to South High and meet in the fieldhouse no later than 4:00 p.m. in appropriate attire. Only the South High graduates will be permitted into the building before 4:00 pm. Additionally, only the graduates will be allowed into the fieldhouse.
- Spectators/Guests should arrive through the West Events Entrance only.
- All guests will need an admission ticket. Each graduate has received four (4) tickets for admission to the gym and one ticket for admission to the auditorium to watch it on a live stream. Only very young children who will sit on an adult’s lap the entire ceremony will not need a ticket. No additional tickets are available. Limited special seating is available at the base of the bleachers. Only one family member will be allowed to sit with someone needing special seating. All other family members will need to sit in the spectator bleachers.
- So as to not impede sightlines, balloons and/or signage will not be allowed into the building.
- For those unable to attend the ceremony, it will be streamed live online. This has been linked on the South High homepage and is available here.
- Graduates will follow a recessional back into the fieldhouse at the conclusion of the ceremony where they will receive their temporary files and diploma. Again, only the graduates will be allowed into the fieldhouse.
- Spectators should remain in their seats until all graduates have exited the gym.
- Graduates have been encouraged to arrange a place to meet family and friends following the ceremony. Families may want to stay in the gym and have the graduates return there as it would be a good place for photo opportunities with the stage, etc.